Which DVD projector around $1000 is best?

A

annieocean

Audiophyte
I am looking for a DVD projector that has a dvd slot, speakers but is reasonable $ and good contrast ratio. I've checked out the Optomo DV11, but hear the dark scenes are really dark. What's the next best thing out there? What's more important; the contrast ratio or the lumens?:rolleyes:

mpompey

mpompey

Senior Audioholic
I am looking for a DVD projector that has a dvd slot, speakers but is reasonable $ and good contrast ratio. I've checked out the Optomo DV11, but hear the dark scenes are really dark. What's the next best thing out there? What's more important; the contrast ratio or the lumens?:rolleyes:
Any particular reason you are looking at a player/projector combo? Why not stand alone machines? You'll better performance out of both if you do that.

C

chadnliz

Senior Audioholic
my guess is that this is for a portable solution?, other than that I cant understand why you would look in this direction as they are seriously deficient. Even if you need portable there are much better ways to do this, get a good budget or used unit and even a portable DVD player with built in speakers and a video output is going to serve you better.

A

audiohonic65

Audioholic
Here are your choices:

Epson V11H302220 Moviemate ALL-IN-ONE DVD LCD Projector - $500 to $750
Epson MovieMate 50 Projector- $499 to $953
BenQ Joybee GP1 Projector (GP1)- $675 to $890
Epson MovieMate 60 Home Theater Projector- $700

So, just go for any of the Epson projector.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Here are your choices:

Wow! Check the date of the post you are responding to... This thread is 18 months old!

H

HDPCsound

Audioholic
The HD70 Optoma it seems to be pretty good at $800.

Also
It comes with HDMI (under $1000) :eek:

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Here are your choices:

Yes please do!

F

finishers

Junior Audioholic
Is BenQ Joybee GP1 Projector value for money? i want to have a backup projector. Please suggest?

H

HDPCsound

Audioholic
Im not very familiar with epson! I would suggest looking for reviews on the web. but a backup suggestion could be a Hitachi ED-A100 - LCD projector, 2000 ANSI lumens - XGA (1024 x 768) and 4:3.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Is BenQ Joybee GP1 Projector value for money? i want to have a backup projector. Please suggest?
No, it's not. It's a good toy, but it is not a good projector.

I'm amazed at the people responding to, and not hijacing a one and a half year old post.

Props to the paying attention and netiquette! :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis