When will streaming services get "classical" right?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Why would you want to download? Are some parts of the country still internet deprived? In all my travels I have never had need of downloading.
I do download the BBC programs for classical music to iPlayer as the download has twice the bit rate at 640 kbps versus 320 for the audio. However to do this, you need a VPN service, I use the Amazon London server to get a UK address now. The AV quality of all these streams is very high. The engineering quality of them all is high. With the latest up mixers, you really are transmitted to the venue, on a good system. One other source I should mention is the huge inventory from the Netherlands Bach Society on YouTube. That is a really high quality AV stream. Tom Scott's recordings are of the highest order, and among the most realistic organ recordings I know of. Those two have immense talent between them. In closing I have to say I am now really keen on having a picture combined with top class audio. AV systems rule now. If there are no architectural constraints, then the case for audio only systems is over in my view.

We still get these posts from people thinking that they need separate two channel systems for audio only. Worse we frequently get people asking us to help the set up crazy combinations of two and multi channels systems in combination. Those people really do need vigorously setting straight about these Frankenstein cobles.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
OK, fair enough.
I stopped buying music 2 years ago. It was hard, real hard. I bout about 200-250 albums a year previous.
It was no different than giving up coffee. A real personal challenge.
You gave up coffee, holy smokes :)

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I did a quick search for stravinsky on Qobuz and came up with a huge amount of releases. You can search under "composer" in Qobuz. It looks to me like they got it right. Tidal will come up with a lot of results, although to do what you want the search has to be refined under "songwriter." It looks to me like your criticisms stem from not understanding the search features of these services. I can't speak for Amazon or other music streaming services though.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis