What's your Speaker Demo Track List?

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
You guys must be younger, I had 45s and a RCA car record player. Then it was 4 track and then 8 track player.1960 to 1966.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Bleu Edmundson - Finger on the Trigger
Steve Earle - Copperhead Road
Rage Against the Machine - Bombtrack
Tool - Undertow
Paul Simon Graceland
Steeldrivers (Chris Stapleton)
Talib Kweli - Get By
Rihanna / Eminem - Love the way you Lie
Norah Jones - Come away with me
Nine inch Nails - Head like a Hole

Last edited:
NorseMythology

NorseMythology

Junior Audioholic
Dream Theater-Lifting Shadows Off A Dream
Dream Theater-Another Day
Dream Theater-Space-Dye Vest
Buckethead-Big Sur Moon
Enya-Marble Halls
Enya-Lothlorien

eljr

eljr

Audioholic General
Yep, he gave me the 8-track of Cheap Thrills....think I've got two LP copies as well as a cd now....someone stole the 8-track :)
First song I ever heard with headphones, Side one, track one of Cheap Thrills, Combination of the Two . Loud.
Wow!

Prior to that the only personal listening I did was with a mono ear bud from my transistor radio as I walked to and from school. I recall Monster Mash was popular as I walked.

eljr

eljr

Audioholic General
Only song I have ever used for demoing speakers I was considering is Water Song by Hot Tuna.

To Demo my speakers to others I like to throw on Angel by Massive Attack off the Mezzanine album.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I'll add a song for female vocals - Carrie by Joni Mitchell. From her Blue album. I have it on both CD and Vinyl. Dave

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Dream Theater-Space-Dye Vest
Auuu! Not a DT fan, but this song is waaay out there!

My new addition; Holly Cole "Too Darn Hot" for the Kontrabas (but it has to be her version from the album Shade, the sound is so vivid, natural, faithful...)

WineOfTheVeins

WineOfTheVeins

Audioholic
Literally anything from these 2 albums. If you folks haven't listened to this on CD or vinyl on your setups, you're missing out. One of the first tracks I showed my father in law, who's a bigger audiophile than me was Marco Polo. I wanted him to get the full experience of the capability of my awesome setup. He said "That really does show the potential of your speakers." Mummer's Dance is another good one.

I can't really explain it. Maybe it's her enchanting voice through the Beryllium tweeters, the deep bass, the harp, the violin, the flutes, or a combo of it all from this legend of an artist. All I know is Quinlan Road (her own recording studio) are some of the best sounding albums there are. I have hundreds of CDs, few come close to the pure beauty of Loreena McKennit albums. Not just her amazing talent, but the way they were carefully recorded and mastered, absolutely brilliant. Just make sure they're original Quinlan Road ones from the 90's and all that. I can't guarantee the same beauty from the newer re-mastered, remade ones.

Attachments

Joe B

Joe B

Audioholic Chief
Pat Metheny Group - Full Circle....
I'm sure you meant "First Circle", which I also use when I demo speakers:

Animal Logic's "I Won't be Sleeping Anymore":

Will Todd's "Call of Wisdom":

Dawn Upshaw singing Samuel Barber's "Knoxville: Summer of 1915":

James DePriest conducting the 2nd movement of Shostakovich's "Symphony #10":

This array of music usually gives me enough to make a decision.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis