What's my gear worth? Total noob

S

schwiz

Audiophyte
Hey everyone, my uncle passed away a couple months ago and left me with all his audio gear. I don't know a whole lot about home audio and I have no use for the equipment. I'm hoping this community can give me some tips for selling everything locally. I have no idea what to really post things for. Think you guys can help? All the gear was used in a small apartment and is virtually brand new.

Here's what I got:
Magnepan - Magneplanar Loudspeaker MG1.7i
Panamax MAX 5100 Power Conditioner
NAD Stereo Integrated Amplifier C 315BEE
NAD RDS Stereo Tuner C 425 + Flat satelite
REGA Elex-R Integrated Amplifier
Atoll Electronique CD50se2

Someone offered me 1,150 on the speakers, but something tells me thats a bit of a low ball.

Can you help a guy figure out what how much my stuff is worth? Thanks in advance.

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
What ever you do, do Not go to a Pawnshop. They will low ball you for sure. Electronic equipment depreciates very fast. Unless you find someone who is looking for what you have then they may pay the price you're asking for.

S

schwiz

Audiophyte
Good to know. The pawn shop was my last resort. I don't mind shipping everything other than the speakers, so everything else may end up on eBay.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
If that stuff is on good shape, it may be worth something. It will not be a goldmine to be sure, but that gear, in good shape, should be able to fetch a little bit of cash. It's hard to say how much exactly. I would put it up for sale on ebay or audiogon. Auctions are a good way to get the most money for your stuff.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You can also research prices on Audiogon and ebay via sold listings to get a realistic idea of what things have moved for. Hifishark.com may be another.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I'm with lovinthehd on this one. You need to do the homework on this yourself by checking completed auctions on eBay to see what people actually paid, and you need to go to Audiogon and see if there have been sales as well and what prices people paid.

The power conditioner is nice, but they do wear out over time, but check pricing.
The Magnepan speakers have a lot of people asking $1,700-$1,800 online, but in reality aren't selling for that much...
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=MG1.7+magnepan&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&rt=nc&LH_Complete=1

Well, except for a brand new pair sealed in the box.

So, I would take that $1,300 and call them gone if you have no interest in them.

Go through, do your homework on these sites and you will see what people are willing to pay, then go from there.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis