What was the seminal event that caused America's fall from greatness?

eljr

eljr

Audioholic General
While Trump may have exacerbated the problems faced by the US, I consider him to be more symptom than cause.
I am really shocked at how Trump has changed our self image.

How fuckin sad.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
While Trump may have exacerbated the problems faced by the US, I consider him to be more symptom than cause.
I said when he got elected that he was the perfect president for everyone that obsesses with social media and whether or not they got "likes". He is the personification of everything wrong with certain people/attitudes in the US (and the world). He only cares about his image and how he is perceived by others when it doesn't matter in the slightest.

Doing what's right is never on their radar, doing what's popular is. Saying misinformation he read on Facebook? Totally fine. Quoting a scientific article that has been reviewed as factual? Pfft...nerds.

Like I said above, it all comes back to education. We should value knowledge, not ignorance.

Idiocracy wasn't supposed to predict the future.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Here's my answer: America didn't fall from greatness, but other countries have gained relative to the United States.
USA is and has always been a slave state or nation .. low pay and rich elites rule everything .

Don’t think anything was ever great about America except it’s military power .
With the middle class extinct now and no hopes of coming back , rip America ...
Robots will soon takeover the world anyways when we’re all gone ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jinjuku

jinjuku

I agree 100%, sending the mfg overseas was the beginning of the end. Our broken education system and reliance on passing standardized testing is a large contributor.

Heck, I can't even find skilled labor to fill open positions!
On the flip side I've seen too many job postings where they list all the needed skill set, everything that is either related to a degree or certifications, without actually mentioning the degree or certifcations, and then putting the salary at 1/2 of what it should be. And there is a reason for this:

Example 1: Kentucky Farm Bureau list a Network Engineer position with requirements of UCC, VOIP, Route/Switch, DMVPN, Firewalls (Fortigate and Checkpoint), Extensive Python Programming experience and list the salary at $45K. Then what they do since they know it's a bullshit job posting that can't be filled at $45K is fill their local office here with H1B's from India. This is position that would need a senior level person making an easy $120K salary.

Example 2 is the same with a large property management company local to me.

Last edited:
jinjuku

jinjuku

USA is and has always been a slave state or nation .. low pay and rich elites rule everything .
I think yours is a victim mentality. People have the power of personal agency. But there are certain elements that hate that because it takes away their power. My wife and I aren't even in our 50's and our net worth is already over 1.2M. I have a H.S. diploma and did the tech certifications route.

I certainly think there needs to be some regulations in place when it comes to C level salaries, options, any other compensation and what their lowest paid employee receives. Those regulations don't prohibit Jeff Bezos from becoming 100 billion rich either. It just changes the performance metrics that they get rewarded under.

I'm also glad for the banking regulations put in place since 2008.

But there isn't anything from keeping you from success.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai

Don’t think anything was ever great about America except it’s military power .
With the middle class extinct now and no hopes of coming back , rip America ...
Robots will soon takeover the world anyways when we’re all gone ..

That’s on of my favorite movies. I bought a HD blu ray of it the other day. I’m not sure which of my TVs to watch it on.

With apologies to Joe Walsh, slavery’s been good to me so far!

Side note: based on your post, you are not a happy drunk

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Like many, I've purchased that movie too many times.:confused:

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Things weren't looking too great for America back when Pauly Shore got a movie deal.:eek:

jinjuku

jinjuku

I personally don't buy into the anti-U.S drivel. The issue with the post title is that we have fallen. I've no idea why the political left is so hell bent on tearing down this great country. If you've such a problem move to what ever utopia you think is out there.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I personally don't buy into the anti-U.S drivel. The issue with the post title is that we have fallen. I've no idea why the political left is so hell bent on tearing down this great country. If you've such a problem move to what ever utopia you think is out there.
I more think of why is the right leaning interests trying to spin it their way. We had a better reputation at some points, our poor choices in wars/interferences will haunt us. The political left isn't particularly left to begin with, just a difference from the perspective of those a bit too right perhaps. We keep screwing ourselves rather than moving forward lately IMHO.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I more think of why is the right leaning interests trying to spin it their way. We had a better reputation at some points, our poor choices in wars/interferences will haunt us. The political left isn't particularly left to begin with, just a difference from the perspective of those a bit too right perhaps. We keep screwing ourselves rather than moving forward lately IMHO.
Well don’t worry mankind will destroy the earth not long after we’re gone

Political leaders are good at that

eljr

eljr

Audioholic General
I think that Fox News is the beginning of the great split in this country.
These people were always here but they were in the closet where they belonged. Even just 4 years ago people were ashamed to say they supported the racist, victimization politics of Trump. Not any more. Now they are proud to be seen as the dumb slobs they are.
Anyway, it was a perfect storm of Fox, right wing hate radio and Gingrich that started this. In 2000 Bush gave time there first real political might as he pandered to them. Shaped them into a voting block. (this is when reasoned people first started to leave the GOP)
Electing a black President was a bridge too far so we got TRump.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
When it chose actors and reality TV stars over statesmen and diplomats.
What about the rest of the idiots and assholes? Why were they elected and why have some of them been in office for more than 30 years?

Congress never should have been given the freedom to determine their own compensation and longevity but then, the US education system is very much to blame, as are people who, unfortunately, became the parents of many in the last five generations.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Well the largest thing in common I believe over the years for congressman is that they tend to be lawyers. The actors and celebrity thing has always puzzled me....and that California elected two of them (or more?) to governor to boot. I'd love to see a national referendum to vote on how to set term limits and compensation for these guys, particularly their retirement and healthcare.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
What do you think about the MAGA crowd then? Their very slogan says that USA has fallen from greatness.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I said when he got elected that he was the perfect president for everyone that obsesses with social media and whether or not they got "likes". He is the personification of everything wrong with certain people/attitudes in the US (and the world). He only cares about his image and how he is perceived by others when it doesn't matter in the slightest.

Doing what's right is never on their radar, doing what's popular is. Saying misinformation he read on Facebook? Totally fine. Quoting a scientific article that has been reviewed as factual? Pfft...nerds.

Like I said above, it all comes back to education. We should value knowledge, not ignorance.

Idiocracy wasn't supposed to predict the future.
Teaching for the tests instead of real world applications and telling kids what to think, but not how- that and the lack of discipline at home will do it every time.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis