What VINYL ONLY Are Ya Listening To? Thread! ;)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
✌ :eek: :cool: This has got to be my luckiest Jazz gets in a while. I thought I'd never find his work, but today after doing some shopping elsewhere something told me go in...
IMG_20221119_133817.jpg

At first I thought it was empty, which tends to happen alot, but to my surprise the record was in there. The disc only had some finger prints and looked great.
IMG_20221119_133457.jpg

A good clean vinyl/cover and it's easily a A-. My first time owning a vinyl of his, but I have a couple on CDs. Ladies and Gents...it's Bill!
IMG_20221119_133720.jpg

:D;)A bit teary eyed...and Happy.
IMG_20221119_133616.jpg

Anyone got this gem? It's him live just playing piano solo and later his band joins in. Beautiful.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Nice! I have Miles Davis Kind of Blue on both cd and lp but I'm not sure which one I prefer. I will have to look into Bill Evens. Thanks.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Good morning friends
:)
. Its cold outside so I'm waiting a couple of hours before I head out for my 10km walk. Here's yesterday's vinyl listening sessions;
IMG_7675.jpg
IMG_7680.jpg
IMG_7677.jpg
IMG_7678.jpg
IMG_7676.jpg
IMG_7679.jpg

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Good afternoon friends
:)
and happy listening. :) My listening session is somewhat of a repeat on the blues side as I recorded the album to cassettes. The top deck records with dbx for chrome or metal cassettes played strictly inside and the bottom deck records in Dolby C for normal cassettes use in my walkmans.
IMG_7676.jpg
IMG_7677.jpg
IMG_7678.jpg
IMG_7679.jpg
IMG_7686.jpg

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Christmas with Norah...
IMG_20221127_161904.jpg

Got this LP earlier this year on Amazon marketplace. Clean copy at a great price. Cool looking white vinyl and SQ is great of course.

IMG_20221127_161949.jpg

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Not sure how rare this is, but my wife found a copy of Armageddon from 1974 in very good condition, sitting among her father's belongings, so likely from her older sister's teenage years. The band is composed of former members of The Yardbirds, Renaissance, Johnny Winter's band and Steamhammer. Only 5 tracks, so typical 70's long progressive rock tracks. Pretty good actually. Record label says promo copy not for sale so may have come from a radio DJ.
PXL_20221209_041525973_copy_1134x1262_1.jpg

PXL_20221209_043725290_copy_1134x1266.jpg

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
Whoa what a blast from yesteryear: Led Zeppelin III
As it just so happens I am learning to play guitar and the song I have been chipping away at this week is Since I Been Lovin' You by Zep. I am not good, but I do enjoy it. Anyone that's tried to play Jimmy Page licks knows it aint as easy as he makes it sound. But, rewarding. Thanks for sharing this one

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Whoa what a blast from yesteryear: Led Zeppelin III
As it just so happens I am learning to play guitar and the song I have been chipping away at this week is Since I Been Lovin' You by Zep. I am not good, but I do enjoy it. Anyone that's tried to play Jimmy Page licks knows it aint as easy as he makes it sound. But, rewarding. Thanks for sharing this one
Thats so awesome!!

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
View attachment 59662

Pretty much my wife response about my music, my fishing and my golf.
I think as a single meme, this demonstrates the problem of our hobby as audiophiles (or whatever you'd prefer to be called). We tend to care about things nobody else cares about and listen to things nobody else hears.
I get the humor. Loved it. But as a case study for why the next generation isn't lining up to join us, this does a pretty good job. Loved it.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Here is last night's listening session which didn't end up that well. I record a pair of tapes at a time, one on Chrome or Metal for internal use and the other on normal tape used for my walkman. Well, the top deck recording the chrome variant ate my tape and will not let it go. I have to take it to the repair shop to get it looked after. I'm kinda bummed.

IMG_8060.jpg
IMG_8061.jpg
IMG_8062.jpg
IMG_8063.jpg

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis