What VINYL ONLY Are Ya Listening To? Thread! ;)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
IMG_16112021_203038_(1688_x_3000_pixel).jpg
IMG_16112021_202954_(1799_x_2450_pixel).jpg
IMG_16112021_203008_(1378_x_2450_pixel).jpg

Beautiful Thrifty A+ mint copy of Marley's Kaya!

No original cover. Who cares vinyl in great shape. Bass TEST! Holy Moly Bass!

Wiki
Kaya is the tenth studio album released by Bob Marley and the Wailers in 1978. The album consists of tracks recorded alongside those present on the Exodus album in 1977.

Musicians

Bob Marley – lead vocals, rhythm guitar, acoustic guitar, percussion
Aston "Family Man" Barrett – bass, percussion
Carlton Barrett – drums, percussion
Tyrone "Organ D" Downie – keyboards, percussion
Alvin "Seeco" Patterson – percussion
Junior Marvin – lead guitar
Rita Marley – backing vocals
Marcia Griffiths – backing vocals
Judy Mowatt – backing vocals
Vincent Gordon – trombone
Glen Da Costa – trumpet

Winston Grennan – drums

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Just noticed the thread again, no desire to play anything vinyl for a while, tho. So much music otherwise, tho. :)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Steely Dan :eek: :cool:
IMG_20112021_211116_(1181_x_2100_pixel).jpg

Holy Moly I never knew they were the ones who did the song Do It Again!!! I remember hearing it on the oldies station back in the mid eighties as a kid and always liked it. So cool to have this. Found thrifting in mint A condition. ✌✌I need to get a Blu-ray concert of theirs.
IMG_20112021_211144_(1181_x_2100_pixel).jpg

Can't Buy a Thrill is the debut studio album by the American rock band Steely Dan, released in November 1972 by ABC Records. The album was written by band members Donald Fagen and Walter Becker, recorded in August 1972 at The Village Recorder in Los Angeles, and produced by Gary Katz. Its music features tight song structure and sounds from soft rock, folk rock, and pop, alongside philosophical, elliptically written lyrics.
The title of the album is a reference to the opening line of the Bob Dylan song "It Takes a Lot to Laugh, It Takes a Train to Cry". The album cover features a photomontage by Robert Lockart. It includes an image of a line of prostitutes, standing in a red-light area from Rouen in France waiting for clients, chosen because of its relevance to the album title.

Pop Singles

YearSingleCatalogue numberPosition
1973"Do It Again" (3:57 edit) (B-side: "Fire in the Hole")ABC 113386
1973"Reelin' in the Years" (B-side: "Only a Fool Would Say That")ABC 1135211

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Steely Dan :eek: :cool:
View attachment 51661
Holy Moly I never knew they were the ones who did the song Do It Again!!! I remember hearing it on the oldies station back in the mid eighties as a kid and always liked it. So cool to have this. Found thrifting in mint A condition. ✌✌I need to get a Blu-ray concert of theirs.
View attachment 51662
Can't Buy a Thrill is the debut studio album by the American rock band Steely Dan, released in November 1972 by ABC Records. The album was written by band members Donald Fagen and Walter Becker, recorded in August 1972 at The Village Recorder in Los Angeles, and produced by Gary Katz. Its music features tight song structure and sounds from soft rock, folk rock, and pop, alongside philosophical, elliptically written lyrics.
The title of the album is a reference to the opening line of the Bob Dylan song "It Takes a Lot to Laugh, It Takes a Train to Cry". The album cover features a photomontage by Robert Lockart. It includes an image of a line of prostitutes, standing in a red-light area from Rouen in France waiting for clients, chosen because of its relevance to the album title.

Pop Singles

YearSingleCatalogue numberPosition
1973"Do It Again" (3:57 edit) (B-side: "Fire in the Hole")ABC 113386
1973"Reelin' in the Years" (B-side: "Only a Fool Would Say That")ABC 1135211
That is a GREAT album. I have it on CD.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
And which cassette type do you use standard chrome or metal? Thanks man that takes me back quite a few years. :)

Last edited:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
And which cassette type do you use standard chrome or metal? Man that takes me back quite a few years. :)

I use standard cassette recorded in Dolby C for my walkmans that I use when doing my 7.5 mile daily walk and dbx on my chrome and metal tapes strictly to be played on my decks in the home. I dont get that pumping affect with dbx either no matter the genre I record and these tapes play exactly the same across all 4 decks. The one thing I did do this summer was to set the tape speed the same across all 3 decks. The 4th deck, the K1000 is a direct drive and I havent looked into that but appears to be playing the same speed as the one below it.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis