What VINYL ONLY Are Ya Listening To? Thread! ;)

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
So I was in my local Walmart today looking at 4K movies when I turned around this young woman was looking through the Vinyl LP's. Who said Vinyl is only for old dude's.
IMG_20220103_152327811~3.jpg

Anyways we gotta to talking about vinyl, she's a army veteran, served 3 years. Also has a nice lil setup and a bunch of older vinyl albums that have father left her. He was also in the army so she's an army brat. Was refreshing to see that there are actually women in this hobby.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
Until I started listening to Jazz via Net Radio I'd never heard of this trio!

IMG_3903.JPG

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
An oldie but a goodie. This records top two songs put Jefferson Airplane in the rock n roll hall of fame
Surrealistic Pillow (2).jpg

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
If it's Hall of Famers you enjoy, one can't really do better than these guys. They could turn a phrase and make a pleasing tune out of just about anything.
Simon_n_Garfunkle.jpg

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
An oldie but a goodie. This records top two songs put Jefferson Airplane in the rock n roll hall of fame
View attachment 52858
You ever see a copy of Volunteers? The inner jacket was peanut butter on one side and jelly on the other
sandwich. Man, I used to open and close that album just to get the effect. :) Don't have the LP anymore but Volunteers is still my favorite JA song and I do have it on cd.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
You ever see a copy of Volunteers? The inner jacket was peanut butter on one side and jelly on the other
sandwich. Man, I used to open and close that album just to get the effect. :) Don't have the LP anymore but Volunteers is still my favorite JA song and I do have it on cd.
@davidscott
You mean like this?
PeanutButterNJellie.jpg

Album covers back in the day were spectacular and part of the album experience

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
One of my favorite new albums. What do you get when you turn a man loose that's been playing the blues his entire life and let him record whatever he wishes? (with friends). This is what you get.
Big Bad Blues.jpg

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
Visit to the local "high end" audio store! Expensive turntables and TONS of vinyl!

Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 6.57.38 AM.png

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I picked up a James Gang album and Box Of Frogs from an antique dealer last summer. Box of Frogs featured Jeff Beck and Dzal Martin on a number of tracks, but I found the album over all to be just average. Its was recorded when some rock bands started to experiment with synthesizers but the album seemed to lack cohesiveness. The James Gang album, Straight Shooter, was a pleasant surprise though. This was the first release after Joe Walsh left the band but it's still a very competent blues rock album.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
picked up the new Steely Dan live 'Northeast Corridor' Lp (2) and while 'nice' it's not a wow factor pressing. Perhaps we are all just too used to them being first and foremost studio musicians ? Packaging is what I would call so-so as well, both Lp's stuffed into a single sleeve.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
picked up the new Steely Dan live 'Northeast Corridor' Lp (2) and while 'nice' it's not a wow factor pressing. Perhaps we are all just too used to them being first and foremost studio musicians ? Packaging is what I would call so-so as well, both Lp's stuffed into a single sleeve.
A new pressing and only 1 sleeve? That's disappointing. If you ever hear of Pretzel Logic playing in your area, they are a Steely Dan cover band that comes very close to the original.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis