What VINYL ONLY Are Ya Listening To? Thread! ;)

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Pimp mein Plattenspieler!!
1610800560744.png

if anyone is interested in how you spell Mozart in cyrilic:
1610800635903.png

They sure knew how to play!

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Who is this B. Mouapt dude? Is he the one playing the guitar or the one grabbing the girl?

*Actually, that artwork as a whole is kind of creepy...
The creepiest being the lady friend of the attacked girl just idling by! :D:D

That reminded me how the motif of rape was just another motif I think all the way up to neo-clasicism.

But they played lovely. I remember this being among my fave classical when I was a kid. This symphony for violin, viola and orchestra (and viola is one of my great true loves in life, the most beautiful sound there is).

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
This just made my whole day better. Goodwill find.
Canadian singer France Joli - Come To Me. Prelude Record. 1979. She had 10 time the vocal talent of Swift/Madonna and beauty, but I guess management didn't do enough to get her to a bigger level. I was a kid in the NYC 80s and always thought she should have been bigger and given better material. I had all her vinyl and now trying to get them all back. Come To Me is her first hit along with a couple others.
IMG_16012021_221544_(2000_x_1438_pixel).jpg
IMG_16012021_223628_(1736_x_1850_pixel).jpg

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
The Sting Soundtrack. MCA records. 1974. Thrift buy. Songs written by Scott Chapin and Mavin Hamlisch(Piano). Some good bass on this album. C+ Gave it a good clean and sounded much better. Hopefully aI can get the CD version used or a cleaner LP. Really solid recording. New Orleans type jazzy stuff. Love it! The famous song on here is The Entertainer. Saw the movie once as a kid in the 80s.
IMG_16012021_234854_(1850_x_1388_pixel).jpg

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Edith Piaf - Piaf. Capital records. Released in 1959. Recorded when she was 43. She was considered The best torch singer in the business. Truly lucky Thrift find. B+ condition sound great. Very few pops. I hope I can find more of her LPS. What a truly beautiful unique voice she had.
IMG_17012021_003314_(1604_x_2000_pixel).jpg

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Elvis sings hits from his movies. Released in 1972. Highlights are Big Boss Man, You Don't Know Me, They remind me too much of you and Guitar Man. B+ condition. Stereo separation is great on this album. Lucky Thrift find. Blue label on the vinyl is cool to see.
IMG_17012021_005731_(1427_x_2000_pixel).jpg

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
Edith Piaf - Piaf. Capital records. Released in 1959. Recorded when she was 43. She was considered The best torch singer in the business. Truly lucky Thrift find. B+ condition sound great. Very few pops. I hope I can find more of her LPS. What a truly beautiful unique voice she had.
View attachment 43725
Every time I see her name, I think of that sequence in Saving Private Ryan....

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
Elvis sings hits from his movies. Released in 1972. Highlights are Big Boss Man, You Don't Know Me, They remind me too much of you and Guitar Man. B+ condition. Stereo separation is great on this album. Lucky Thrift find. Blue label on the vinyl is cool to see.
View attachment 43726
As another side note, afterlife, you really should find a better solution for holding that turntable and the speaker above it; doesn't seem that sturdy (unless it's just the pic; I'd get a proper stand/rack for the stuff anyway).

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
A question, did you have these records of spoken poetry in your neck of the woods?
1610887170123.png

Famous poems by famous poets read by some voice talents? These are quite romantic.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
As another side note, afterlife, you really should find a better solution for holding that turntable and the speaker above it; doesn't seem that sturdy (unless it's just the pic; I'd get a proper stand/rack for the stuff anyway).
Actually the TT was on the floor before. Got this table and it's very sturdy and not wobbly, so not worried. The speakers I am looking for stands, but still looking on CL for budget reasons and nothing yet in my price range. Also not worried about the speaker table they are quite steady.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Nope, but if I see them at the thrift store I'll pick some up. Who are the voice actors?
Well these are Croatian actors. I doubt you heard of any of them. Ratko Buljan, Zlatko Crnković, Vanja Drach, Zlatko Vitez... We DO, however, have one you might've heard, there's a record with poetry read by Rade Šerbedžija:
He's young here.

But I'm surprised with the selection on the one I posted earlier. It has Neruda, Tagore, Simononv, Pavese, Eluard, Prevert and few others.

Where are you from?

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Well these are Croatian actors. I doubt you heard of any of them. Ratko Buljan, Zlatko Crnković, Vanja Drach, Zlatko Vitez... We DO, however, have one you might've heard, there's a record with poetry read by Rade Šerbedžija:
He's young here.

But I'm surprised with the selection on the one I posted earlier. It has Neruda, Tagore, Simononv, Pavese, Eluard, Prevert and few others.

Where are you from?
Was born in da Bronx, NY and raised in Brooklyn, NY. Latin/French. :) You?

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Was born in da Bronx, NY and raised in Brooklyn, NY. Latin/French. :) You?
Well, there's Wystan Hugh Auden who lived at 7 Middagh Street in Brooklyn Heights among the poets on my record.

I'm Croatian all the way. Relatively speaking, it was Yugoslavia when I was born. But I haven't moved, the state changed.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
My
Well, there's Wystan Hugh Auden who lived at 7 Middagh Street in Brooklyn Heights among the poets on my record.

I'm Croatian all the way. Relatively speaking, it was Yugoslavia when I was born. But I haven't moved, the state changed.
My Cousin is married to a guy from Croatia. He has a good sense of humor and kinda off beat.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
This is a cliche, but, not without reason:
1611080483384.jpg

The record and content is so well kept, my father used to care a lot about these. The poster with pyramids is intact and there's also the other one with band members.
1611080598925.jpg1611080408269.jpg

It's the England pressing. That used to be suuuuuch a big deal!:cool: I just love the instruction to file this record under popular.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis