What VINYL ONLY Are Ya Listening To? Thread! ;)

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I recordered this to cassette today so that I can listen to it in my bedroom tonight.

1612926722632.png

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
Ahhhh...the days of recording to cassettes....brings back such great memories...

Went through so many double and single decks over the years from the likes of Sony, Kenwood....

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Anyone have a good sounding copy of The Completion Backwards Principle by The Tubes? I got a digital copy to stream and the high end was terrible. Vocals sound muffled and no brightness to the cymbals for example. So I dug up my vinyl copy and sure enough, same muffled high end. I don't remember the LP sounding that bad. Maybe there's a remix that was engineered better?

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
The New Vinyl setup in my sleeping quarters.
Fun Fun Fun Fun.
Fever Zone - Tom Jones. Parrot/London records. Released in 1968. Delilah his hit song is featured. Covers by James Brown, Wilson Pickett, Bacharach, Stevie Wonder and The Supremes Classic You keep me hanging on. Jones and Mary Wilson were very close friends and lovers. She lovingly said nice things about him in her book. Thrift buy about a month ago.
IMG_10022021_130548_(1305_x_1800_pixel).jpg
IMG_10022021_130535_(1376_x_1800_pixel).jpg

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Rickie Lee Jones - Self titled debut album. Warner Bros records. 1979 release. To be honest I got it cause I liked the cover art. I've heard her name though. Then I put the record on and recognized the first song! Chuck E.'s in love which she wrote. All songs written by Jones. Micheal Mcdonald Sings on background. Neil Larson on keys. Cool and not the norm lyrics are on the back cover. I'm liking her stuff hope to find more. Kinda Ronstadt/Carly Simon/Carole King vibes. Cool Thrift buy.
IMG_10022021_152630_(1350_x_1800_pixel).jpg
IMG_10022021_150233_(1350_x_1800_pixel).jpg

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Rickie Lee Jones - Self titled debut album. Warner Bros records. 1979 release. To be honest I got it cause I liked the cover art. I've heard her name though. Then I put the record on and recognized the first song! Chuck E.'s in love which she wrote. All songs written by Jones. Micheal Mcdonald Sings on background. Neil Larson on keys. Cool and not the norm lyrics are on the back cover. I'm liking her stuff hope to find more. Kinda Ronstadt/Carly Simon/Carole King vibes. Cool Thrift buy.
View attachment 44449View attachment 44450
I've always enjoyed RLJ altho I only have a coupla albums (Pirates and Trafffic from Paridise). Saw her live several times.....last time with Dan Hicks and the various Hot Licks at Davies Symphony Hall for his 70th (good album, too). Check out some Dan Hicks if you haven't, you'll probably run across some very familiar tunes with him, too.....

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Thank I'll check Dan out. What year did you see her?

Totally Hot - Olivia Newton John. MCA records. 1977 release. Hits include Deeper than the night and A little more love. She covers Spencer Davis Gimme some lovin' nicely. The following year she'd be a movie star in Grease. Olivia ahead of her time wearing a mask. Good condition B+. Lucky Thrifty find. I think I've got around 4-5 albums from her now.
IMG_10022021_165102_(1700_x_1275_pixel).jpg
IMG_10022021_165044_(1800_x_1331_pixel).jpg

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Thank I'll check Dan out. What year did you see her?

Totally Hot - Olivia Newton John. MCA records. 1977 release. Hits include Deeper than the night and A little more love. She covers Spencer Davis Gimme some lovin' nicely. The following year she'd be a movie star in Grease. Olivia ahead of her time wearing a mask. Good condition B+. Lucky Thrifty find. I think I've got around 4-5 albums from her now.
View attachment 44455View attachment 44456
The last time was that night, here's a story about the show https://www.sfgate.com/music/article/Dan-Hicks-being-feted-with-70th-birthday-bash-3454148.php and it'd probably seen her maybe 3 times before that over the years....she's only two years older than me :)

diskreet

diskreet

Audioholic
Just listened to this for the first time. Not interested in blues much but I thoroughly enjoyed it (I love the movie too). One of many from the collection my dad gave me recently

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis