What VINYL ONLY Are Ya Listening To? Thread! ;)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Wait -- you saw those kind of prices for them NEW?
No last I looked they hadn't yet reissued the SL1200, altho it was in the works.....was for older SL1200 series (to get an idea of what mine was worth at the time). After killdozzer mentioned the mk7 I briefly looked it up, appears to go for $1k.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
There are NEW MK7 series 1200s for about $800?
Well, take a look for yourself. This is my side of the pond and you in US usually have slightly lower prices:

(I hope you buy one and enjoy the hell out of it)

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Another one with a story. This is not an old album, but a huge portion of former Yugoslavia songbook is unattended and left with little care. So in my parts it's really useful to own a TT. This record never saw a digital edition and few digitalized are vinyl rips. In effect, vinyl is the only way of hearing it.
1606164534325.jpeg

1606164464398.jpeg

If you wish to hear what it's about:

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
I have my old Hitachi DD from 1978-ish. I put a new A-T cartridge in it and it still runs perfectly, really. This was my older brother's record, who is now deceased. He abandoned it at my mom's and I was compelled to hang on to it, even though I was not really a fan of this group back then. I rediscovered and restored this album about a year ago or so. It's become one of my favorites. Due to unpopularity, or just hidden, I do not see these in the wild too often. This one happens to be in excellent condition. I'll play both sides, often enough.

Recent cleaning of all my old records found me in some pretty intense, and forgotten (albeit fond) memories. Years ago, while working out of state for months on end, my then wife, sent me photos of herself and I stashed them inside an old Stevie Ray Vaughn album. These were from in our early 20s. Totally stopped me in my tracks and I was just totally shot after that. All of these records do these things to me. It is apparent how much this hobby meant to me back then. They take me right back there. I kind of have to be in a right mood to revisit them.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
That War album is connected with a lot of good memories for me....but I've always liked it :)

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
That War album is connected with a lot of good memories for me....but I've always liked it :)
I think I must have been 12 or so when he moved out and just left it. It was in my mom's stereo cabinet and I may have had 2 other LPs of my own at that point and I did like "Cisco Kid," so I just absorbed it into my collection and he never did ask for it back. He and I even roomed together after that but music kind of fell to the side for him.

Definitely a favorite of mine now. Actually since I got my first real hi-fi setup. My mom's stereo was pretty bad.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Julio Iglesias Singing in multible languages.
Clean copy.
2B38EB69-E2E9-4A47-91B9-EEB7E4CADEE1.jpeg

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Chris Stapleton From a room. Vol. 1
Minty fresh condition. Bought used on ebay.
70213B57-D08E-4535-B473-AAA224564F41.jpeg

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Perry Como Christmas Album. 1968
Not in the best condition it may need some cleaning.
991A0F27-631B-4724-8EB9-7E5F022F2C95.jpeg

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
The Doors 13(Greatest hits) 1970 release. In good shape. The instruments sounds so dang clear.
46207356-262B-4C7E-9D37-6F8120F7306F.jpeg

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Elvis Merry Christmas Baby LP. Mixes his two Christmas together on vinyl. Sounds clear and fantastic. I think its a 180 gram. 2016 release. Bought used.
9A35BCCC-3A8B-48A0-AAD4-1CB66BCBB6BE.jpeg

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
The Time Ice Cream Castles. 1984 release. Ok shape. Needs cleaning.
A642E8DE-BE73-4635-8A54-87FFA6EEE80D.jpeg
44B7BB56-DD17-4F3C-83AF-88352634F01B.jpeg

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
PF Up To Date. I think this was the first album I was given back as a kid in the 80s. Really solid Pop album. This is a recent ebay find.
E5F7FD1D-A6CB-473F-A95B-D5FB39A7B6E0.jpeg

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis