What VINYL ONLY Are Ya Listening To? Thread! ;)

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Hoping to find a used copy one day cause thst one is expensive.
My copy was given to me as a gift, it is expensive, but worth it. I'm pretty sure my copy was ~$50, so it makes me think I may have a different pressing, or he got a good deal.

@Kaskade89052 I just noticed the Waterloo Records price tag on it, that is a nice record shop. You in central TX? Or just happened to randomly have that Waterloo tag on it?

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
1978, I was 20 years old When I purchase this album. Still sounds as good as the day I picked it up. Remembering the days gone b
D044F6A6-AF82-4DDD-AE65-94B24E6141C3.jpeg
875D60DD-1BB7-4B94-BB25-355CD0C8E3BF.jpeg

Last edited:
Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
I believe I have that same pressing, an excellent pressing too.
Yeah, it sounds fantastic; the only problem is, my copy had an off-center press on the second side which causes my tonearm to cavitate something awful. It's caused some crackle on that side because of it, due to the constant pressure the stylus is put under to track the grooves properly, and even a nasty scratch towards the end because of a time when my last stylus was wearing down and the movement of the tonearm caused it to fly to the label.

I'm gonna eventually replace this Legacy/Sony copy I think so I can start with a fresh LP; the Sony release, though, looks great...it's on a thick slab of 180-gram vinyl and the mastering sounds mega-rich, save for some distortion in Miles' horn at the very beginning of "So What."

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
Hoping to find a used copy one day cause thst one is expensive.
Actually, this Sony/Legacy release isn't that expensive; this was a reissue that's kind of a dime a dozen, at least round my parts...

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I only have it on LP. Hearts is a great song from a great artist. RIP sir.

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
I just noticed the Waterloo Records price tag on it, that is a nice record shop. You in central TX? Or just happened to randomly have that Waterloo tag on it?
Oh, no, I'm not in Texas, LOL....it's just a random image I found online that represents the version of this album I own (the Sony/Legacy 180-gram reissue).

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Yo money -- I have the same turntable, brother!

Wait -- is that the LP120 or PL120?
Yo bro!! it's the LP120, It's umm about 8 years old. It's a good one, are there better ones sure, but for what I paid 199 back in 2012 can't complain.

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
Yo bro!! it's the LP120, It's umm about 8 years old. It's a good one, are there better ones sure, but for what I paid 199 back in 2012 can't complain.
I gots the LP120, also -- wanted one of the new Technics 1200s, but can't drop 4K on that sucker...the LP120 is a nice affordable stand in. And mine isn't quite as old as yours, but it's up there.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I gots the LP120, also -- wanted one of the new Technics 1200s, but can't drop 4K on that sucker...the LP120 is a nice affordable stand in. And mine isn't quite as old as yours, but it's up there.
I bought the SL1210 back when the original production run stopped.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis