M

matt174

Audiophyte
Hey all, I am new around here so this is my 1st posting, I have spent much time browesing the various threads.

I was hoping that you may offer some opinions, my situation is that I have a old Yamaha RX-V390 it is a old pro-logic amp I purchased back when pro-logic was the best thing since sliced bread, this was when DVD was still on the horizon. Well at that time I also got a set of Infinity SM105's and a small Yamaha sub, over time the little sub died on me and I have since added 2x B&W ASW 600, which in my opinion have boosted my overal sound excelently.

I am in the process of buying a 2nd hand amp, a Yamaha RX-Z1! as embarassing as it is that has kind of blown the budget, so expensive new speakers just aren't going to happen for some time to come. Although I have a offer on trademe (NZ'sEbay) for some reasonably cheap $400 Infinity SM115's. Would you guys grabe them or wait until a later date and upgrade the lot.... I am really tempted to accept, just so I can get the new amp fired up.... What are your opinions on the old infintiy SM's.

I think they seem pretty solid, although without subs very high end, I always put this down to speaker input rating as being 10-150w and only having a 60wpc amp driving them. Could this assumption be correct?

Thanks for any help.... ya know how decission time's can be!

N

Nick250

Audioholic Samurai
My advice, rethink your cash allocation. Less expensive receiver and more expensive speakers = much better sound than the other way around.

Nick

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis