What Size Screen or Television Do I Need?

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic General
I'm happy sitting about 6 feet with my 49 in the living room. 39 in the bedroom about 8 feet seems a little small. I remember having 25 tube and was very happy with it. So where does this end?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Spartan
I'm over 14' from my screen. I could go a lot bigger. So expensive when they get to the size I want. I could even use a projector in here.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Samurai
I’m 10ft from 65in. but I look forward to 75 or 82 someday. :)

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic General
So 75 is the new 55 these days? 100 plus in the 2020s? Hard to believe when I was sooooooooooo happy to get a 25 inch tube tv back in the late 1980s. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Spartan
So 75 is the new 55 these days? 100 plus in the 2020s? Hard to believe when I was sooooooooooo happy to get a 25 inch tube tv back in the late 1980s. :rolleyes:
Looks that way!

I remember getting a 36" tube and thinking it was a monster. "I'll never need a tv bigger than this...". LOL

W

Wilm deni

Audiophyte
Choose according your room size or lobby . I suggest you to buy 50 inch as it perfect size. I think this is the best size for your smart tv.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic General
Looks that way!

I remember getting a 36" tube and thinking it was a monster. "I'll never need a tv bigger than this...". LOL
How much did that sucker weigh? My 25 was HEAVY.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Spartan
How much did that sucker weigh? My 25 was HEAVY.
I forget the actual weight, but I was a lot younger and could barely lift it by myself. It wasn't just heavy, it was huge. The back of it jutted out past the rest of the cube and made it super awkward. I'll bet it weighed more than my current 75" led. I know it was at least as heavy.

It's funny. We have a nice oak entertainment center with shelving, glass doors, cd and dvd racks and a big cubby for the tv. It's 48" from corner to corner and that 36" tube tv almost filled it up. I remember kinda patting myself on the back for "future proofing" by going with the bigger entertainment center. "Hell, I'll NEVER own a tv bigger than that!". It's repurposed as a knick knack cabinet for my wife's Precious Moments collection now, lol.

I don't know how the hell we used to watch TV now. A 36" tube tv and sit 14' from the front stage. Then it hit me. Bean bag. Remember how popular those were? You almost had to have one so you could comfortably sit close enough to actually see what's on the screen! I always used to be on the floor in a bean bag.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic General
LOL I did have some bean bags back in the day. But 25 was the biggest tube TV I ever owned before I purchased a 26 flat screen back in 2009 or so. And that was heavy for a flat screen compared with my newer TVs.

Truthslayer

Truthslayer

Full Audioholic
I'm in the camp of better to go as big as possible. Now a days, it's rare to have a woman complain it's to big. There are still some that do. But those are the one's with little experience. ;)

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic General
The 32in tubes were heavy but the 36in tubes were beasts! :)
My buddy had a 39 before he moved to Florida and had to give it away to get rid of it. He told me it took 2 men with a dolly. That thing had to be a super beast! :)

Latest posts

newsletter
  • RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis