What size AV rack and where to but it from?

M

mediabroom

Junior Audioholic
I need AV rack for media closet. Media closet already has outlet return.

The rack can be a simple “skeleton” rack. It does not need a door or metal sides as it will be in media closet. I would like casters for rack to keep from scratching the floor.

The rack will carry
1of Denon AVR-6700H Dimensions:
Maximum Dimensions
Antenna: Horizontal: (W x D x H) in Inches
Antenna: Vertical: (W x D x H) in Inches
W/O Antenna: (W x D x H) in Inches
17.1 x 15.3 x 6.6
( 17.1 x 15.3 x 9.3 )
【 17.1 x 14.9 x 6.6 】

4 of Denon AVR-S750H:
aximum Dimensions
Antenna: Horizontal: (W x D x H) in Inches
Antenna: Vertical: (W x D x H) in Inches
17.1× 13.3 × 6
( 17.1 x 13.3 x 8.5)

1 of Roku Ultra HD/4K

1 Blu Ray player (not purchased yet)

1 of Unifi Dream machine

1 cable modem

What size rack should I buy?

What rack to buy and from where? Any good deals? Any links for specific products and recommendations?

Should I buy shelves or are denon receivers rack mountable? Which option is cheaper?

Thank You

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I've not seen a Denon avr with rack mounting hardware. Sounds like you need a fairly simple stand/rack....putting wheels on it might be interesting, tho. What's the budget? Consider diy?

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Middle Atlantic remains the gold standard for equipment racks. The shelves can be very expensive for 'custom' units, but if the rack will be hidden away, then you can just buy open rack shelving.

I have a ton of photos of my equipment in Middle Atlantic SLIM5 racks right here: https://forums.audioholics.com/forums/threads/so-here-we-go-24-a-v-zones-w-10-sources.83272/

You can get the SLIM-5 rack in a variety of heights to suit your specific needs and all the equipment which will need to be housed inside of it. I went with three of their tallest racks possible.

On their product page, once you select a specific rack, it will offer options for that rack, including casters (locking and non-locking)...

No, it's not cheap to buy. But, it is 'forever' in terms of quality.

It does not include any rack shelves, but they are available all over the internet. 2RU (rack units) shelves on eBay are from about $30-$40 shipped per shelf.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis