What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
Added another TV series to my collection: "Longstreet" (1971). Four disc DVD set. each disc in it's own sleeve.
MGM made two "big screen" movies in the early 1940's (Eyes In the Night 1942, and The Hidden Eye 1945). The writer of those two movies also created the characters "Longstreet" was based on. Blind detective and his guide dog.
IMG_4633.JPG
IMG_4634.JPG

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Amazon Astro. I will probably end up selling it, but will have to try it! Just arrived about 10 minutes ago. Will be doing an unboxing video.
NewCaT.jpg

AstroBox.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Amazon Astro. I will probably end up selling it, but will have to try it! Just arrived about 10 minutes ago. Will be doing an unboxing video.

View attachment 59862
If it wasn't bad enough letting always-on mics in our homes... ;)
Now we have cameras!
:eek:

Admittedly, I would love having a little droid wandering the house... especially if it and the Cats would get along. I always loved the video of the cat-in-a-shark-suit riding a roomba. :p
Of course, we now have the story of a roomba test program that has resulted in images of a young lady on a toilet, a child lying on the floor... etc... :rolleyes:

Regardless... would love to hear more about the new friend! :D

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Now we have cameras!

Admittedly, I would love having a little droid wandering the house... especially if it and the Cats would get along. I always loved the video of the cat-in-a-shark-suit riding a roomba. :p
Of course, we now have the story of a roomba test program that has resulted in images of a young lady on a toilet, a child lying on the floor... etc... :rolleyes:

I feel an episode of Black Mirror is about to play out...
1674865104494.png

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Now we have cameras!

You can easily turn off all mics and the camera, they were aware of this issue.

rsharp

rsharp

Audioholic
They don't do much for sound, but they sure are nice to look at. Super duty strain relief :)
Actually, I don't like them and will be replacing with spade connectors (but not Kimber brand). Here's the high-level why (perhaps I'll write up a review on here with more details and photos):
  • Not enough friction between the pin itself and inside of speaker terminal. Even when tightened, two of the four I currently am using tend to pop out.
  • One of the two set-screws is simply holding the speaker wire in place; the conductor doesn't run down the full length of the shaft where the two set-screws are.

G

gimpy

Audioholic Intern
We bought this last last month. It's replacing one just like it except it was silver/aluminum color, not black. It was two years old and had quit working.
Wife needed her morning lattes and couldn't wait for me to get it up and running again, so she ordered this one.
All it needed was 4 good descales, even though I descaled it regularly. We are giving/taking it to a niece later today. (it was working good at last use).

Attachments

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Visited my favorite audio-video dealer (where I buy the majority of my gear) to get another 1m pair of Audioquest Golden Gate interconnects. I wanted to match the pair I have going from one of my turntables to the Phenomena II+ phono stage, so I've have the same going from the phono stage to the analog inputs of the Luxman integrated amp. No stock, they'll have to order more.

So instead, off to the little room where they've got a few hundred new and used LP's. I selected these 7. Of them, only the MoFi edition of Cyndi Lauper "True Colors" was new. The Stone Temple Pilots "Core" is the Atlantic/Rhino 25th anniversary edition release that has an LP, a video DVD, 4 CD's, and a glossy booklet. The UA "Wide Awake In America" is a 4-song EP (I guess), and on the end of the top row with the glare is a mint condition early pressing of The Doors "Strange Days". Lower row from left is Nirvana "Unplugged In New York", Rush "Moving Pictures", and Billy Joel "Glass Houses."

All the 6 used ones are in VG to EXC- condition for the outer jacket, VG+ to Mint- for the media. Best $69 I have ever spent there. ;)

AVT_buys_01-28-2023.jpg

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Added a few more today. I didn't actually buy these; a gift from my daughter who is clearing out the home she shared with her boyfriend who passed away just before Christmas. Nick didn't even own a turntable yet, he and I were going to find him the right one.

I'm still grateful knowing, as my daughter said, that he definitely would have wanted me to have them. My collection stands at 477. Shouldn't take too much longer to be over the 500 mark though I'm already cognizant that there's a couple I may never play unless someone else wants to hear them.

Of note, I went from 0 albums from The Doors to 3, and from 1 Rush LP to 4. I also had Led Zeppelin II and 4 (plus Coda, Presence, In Through The Out Door, Physical Graffiti, and The Song Remains The Same.) Pretty cool that Nick left me LZ I & IV! just need a good copy of Houses Of The Holy.

Attachments

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Congrats Ken great haul, fully enjoy! Here are some 3D blurays and Cassettes that I got from a new Thrift Store that opened last week near me. Lucky me. :cool:
IMG_20230129_183355_(3800_x_1755_pixel).jpg

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Added a few more today. I didn't actually buy these; a gift from my daughter who is clearing out the home she shared with her boyfriend who passed away just before Christmas. Nick didn't even own a turntable yet, he and I were going to find him the right one.

I'm still grateful knowing, as my daughter said, that he definitely would have wanted me to have them. My collection stands at 477. Shouldn't take too much longer to be over the 500 mark though I'm already cognizant that there's a couple I may never play unless someone else wants to hear them.

Of note, I went from 0 albums from The Doors to 3, and from 1 Rush LP to 4. I also had Led Zeppelin II and 4 (plus Coda, Presence, In Through The Out Door, Physical Graffiti, and The Song Remains The Same.) Pretty cool that Nick left me LZ I & IV! just need a good copy of Houses Of The Holy.
What a bitter sweet story. No doubt you’d return it all to have him back.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
In a New York minute! I loved him too, for he took such good care of our daughter.
That’s a very special thing. It’s something I hope for my daughter as well. Thankfully I’ve got a few years before she can move in with someone though lol.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Actually, I don't like them and will be replacing with spade connectors (but not Kimber brand). Here's the high-level why (perhaps I'll write up a review on here with more details and photos):
  • Not enough friction between the pin itself and inside of speaker terminal. Even when tightened, two of the four I currently am using tend to pop out.
  • One of the two set-screws is simply holding the speaker wire in place; the conductor doesn't run down the full length of the shaft where the two set-screws are.
This is why I use BFA connectors. you can always expand them a bit to make the fit snug in any binding post. You can sometimes do this with bananas but it is a lot harder with them

The set screws - I believe with this design one is supposed to hold the jacket so the wire doesn't slip out, while the other pushes the wire to make contact.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
That’s a very special thing. It’s something I hope for my daughter as well. Thankfully I’ve got a few years before she can move in with someone though lol.
Same here. I have at least a decade before any of that stuff starts. Really hope my girls find someone that great.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I bought a used catalytic converter off ebay for $1300. Because a brand new one is over $5K for my car!!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
You gonna put a cage around that thing?

That's an insane price tag.
lol, no need. Nobody wants to steal a cat off an STI and good luck getting a jack under my car. They want the Prius ones because they are so clean so they have the most platinum.

Last edited:
rsharp

rsharp

Audioholic
Much better (and far cheaper!). Replaced the Kimber Kable banana style connectors (that had a tendency to pop out) with spade connectors.

These came with shrink tubing as well. I already had the cable pants, so was a quick swap.

spade_connectors.jpg

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis