What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I few weeks back I bought a Degritter ultrasonic record cleaner. I cleaned just shy of 90 records with it and found it not to be all that effective at cleaning up the clicks and pops. It washed the records well but did not truly clean out the grooves like it claimed. Not only was it an extremely expensive device that did so little improvement, the digital display flipped upside down on various occasions and the clean times were SOOOOOO long it drove me crazy.

The records looked and felt really nice though. However, I had to return it. I've officially given up on vinyl. What a waste of a hobby that is going in new.

View attachment 57490

I have a review video on my channel but I won't link it here.
Your experience isn't what most have. The Degritter is not an ideal solution. I use a $217 Vevor-branded ultrasonic cleaner that DOES do a great job. Definitely not as convenient as a Degritter, but SO MUCH MORE effective.

That said, most of the records I have are used ones. The majority of those are clean, no clicks or pops and don't need cleaning. Maybe 30% need to be run through the US cleaner.

If record collecting and playing is not for you, so be it. I still stream music from Qobuz and Amazon Music HD. Meanwhile my record collection has grown from about 80 that I carried from my teen and early marriage years, to the approximately 422 I have today. Even if I hear an occasional tic while playing a record, it doesn't change why I engage with it.

My latest additions, 12 LP's for $135. Three are new & unopened, the rest are at least VG+ or Mnt- condition of media.
LP_buy_0822-1.jpg
LP_buy_0822-2.jpg

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Just ordered new SPL front sway bar endlinks as one of the old ones (Whiteline) snapped when the dealer was disassembling everything for my engine replacement.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
If you dig Alan Parsons, you should find this a good listen. Some cuts have bass content that rattles the house to it's foundation. Well recorded/engineered, of course. At least for an old head banger from those times. This was done in 1975 and just pretty much kicks anything produced today's a$$. Vocal harmonies, regardless of how refined after the fact, are money, especially electrified alongside electrified music. This can withstand cranking. It is the anti-fatigue. . . if anything, it has one at the edge of one's seat driving that gain cntrl. It has me going for my bigger speakers, ftw, and all that. All I can say is, neighbors better be glad it isn't Friday night.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Just ordered new SPL front sway bar endlinks as one of the old ones (Whiteline) snapped when the dealer was disassembling everything for my engine replacement.
What happened to your motor?

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
What happened to your motor?
Started consuming coolant. No leaks found, so obvious source found, so the dealer did a boroscope and saw cylinder wall scarring, so they just said I was getting a new engine. I sent out an oil sample for analysis and it came back positive for coolant in the oil even though it looked normal.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
sway bar endlinks
I got KYB shocks for The Fuze. Yesterday was all about me finding out that I don't think I can put those in on my own. I'm surprised by this. It's like looking down to find my prick fell off. My sense of self worth has been shattered.
they just said I was getting a new engine.
I'd a just kept adding coolant! :D

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
She arrived yesterday. I was busy all day though and didn't have time to unpack her. What a beautiful beast :p
View attachment 57399

I got her hooked up, but not set up yet. I'll play with her tomorrow. Everything was brand new in the box. As you can see from the picture, the plastic wasn't even removed form the face plate. Remote was still sealed, as were the antenna and power cord.
Make sure to do the update first before setting anything up and the web tool is awesome to use! Congrats.

Also by default, the AVM 70 is set to auto shut off in 20 minutes, I thought I was having issues when I first got mine.

Last edited:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
This just came in.

IMG-7355.jpg
IMG-7358.jpg
IMG-7357.jpg
IMG-7356.jpg

This is to upgrade the JBL soundbar at the trailer from a 5.1 to an ATMOS soundbar. The sub on the Monoprice is an 8" bottom firing verses a 10" bottom firing of the JBL. I lose a couple of Hz but gain more placement space as the unit is smaller. I will take the JBL system back home and put it back up in bedroom 2 where it stays for the winter and now forever. I will bring the Monoprice system home on closing of the trailer for the winter along with the LCD display that came with it and set it up in bedroom 3. It makes more sense to raid everything from one setup and one bedroom then split it across both bedrooms.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
RC stuff. I buy what I must and build what I can. This has an axial motor, trick wheels and tires. I designed the chassis and suspension myself and gathered the parts about the internet. Way cheaper than real cars but scratches that same gearhead itch for me. Body, I bought separately and altered it for my purpose.

These are kitchen table projects. I wake up before the birds. I like having this to do until the sun comes up. Some music in the background, or perfectly silent. Great way to start the day, or end it, for that matter. I made the rocks from cement as an obstacle course. I sit out there with the birds and squirrels in the AM with my coffee sometimes.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
20220928_164051.jpg

Open box at Visions here in Canada. Got it for ~450$. Can't wait to try it out with the new 4K UHD movies I got this week.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Just purchased a miniDSP EARS rig for headphone measurements. Could be useful for future endeavors.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
IMG_4508.JPGIMG_4509.JPG

Bought a pair of JAMO S-801PM speakers for the computer. On sale at Crutchfield.

Added some movies, Strange Love of Martha Ivers, 1946, new HD remaster from a 4k scan. Replaces a bargain basement DVD copy I have.
The Parallax View, 1974, new restored 4k digital transfer, replaces a VHS tape.
Designing Woman, 1957, comedy-romance, Lauren Bacall, Gregory Peck
Reunion In France, 1942, John Wayne, Joan Crawford

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis