What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
added an SBOOSTER to the TT pre-amp (to replace the wall wart) and soon will install the Ortofon 2M Bronze cartridge on my turntable.

IMG_3112.JPG

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Bought all the trapping to build myself a new computer yesterday. AMD 5600 on an ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero Dark mobo, couple m.2 drives, PSU, etc, etc. Everything but a new video card because prices on them are freaking nuts right now.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I just picked these up off Craigslist for $10!

4602_copy_490x653.jpeg
4600_copy_504x672.jpeg
4604_copy_515x687.jpeg
4605_copy_504x672.jpeg
4635_copy_640x480.jpeg

They're Infinity IL30s and still well regarded. He was asking 30 for them, but one tweeter wasn't working so I offered 10, thinking I could probably find a tweeter somewhere. Got 'em home and monkeyed with the bi amp jumpers and it started working! I have them in my main system right now and been listening for the last 3 hours. I'm really loving these speakers! They sound really, really good. I can't believe I got them for only 10 bucks!

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I just picked these up off Craigslist for $10!

View attachment 44340View attachment 44341View attachment 44342View attachment 44343View attachment 44344

They're Infinity IL30s and still well regarded. He was asking 30 for them, but one tweeter wasn't working so I offered 10, thinking I could probably find a tweeter somewhere. Got 'em home and monkeyed with the bi amp jumpers and it started working! I have them in my main system right now and been listening for the last 3 hours. I'm really loving these speakers! They sound really, really good. I can't believe I got them for only 10 bucks!
That's the same way I feel when I see something in the thrift store for $10. I'm like damn no one know those are good?

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I finally broke down and bought this for my turntable

1612813905410.png

I was tired of having to wash my hands and move the belt to the other part of the pully to play 45s. I don't expect to hear a sound improvement from a better speed stability perspective that this box supposedly offers.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
That's the same way I feel when I see something in the thrift store for $10. I'm like damn no one know those are good?
I just now realized I accidentally disliked this post when I meant to like it! I'm sorry man, fat fingered it. Call me out next time if I do that.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I finally broke down and bought this for my turntable

View attachment 44380

I was tired of having to wash my hands and move the belt to the other part of the pully to play 45s. I don't expect to hear a sound improvement from a better speed stability perspective that this box supposedly offers.
Those projects are great. No 4K/Bluray heights movies?

diskreet

diskreet

Audioholic
I got a bunch of small items for the motorcycle to make it a bit more practical. Radiator guard, folding adjustable levers, heated grips, and an engine protector set that covers both sides.

Since covid continues this year and I won't be driving much, I'd like to take the bike on some all day trips. Being an R6 it's not the most comfy, but I'll get Michelin's Road 5 tires, and keep basic tools/tire repair supplies in the tank bag. That, plus the protective gear, should get me out of the vast majority of problems I could run into.

Grip glued on, just need to finish wiring

One of two guards on the engine case on this side

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
My type IV metal cassettes arrived today. In the western hemisphere, these are better known as Fuji. These are an outstanding tape.

IMG_0669.jpgIMG_0670.jpg

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
After struggling with SoundEasy for a year... SMDH
...Bought BassBox 6 Pro/X-over Pro 3 set through PE.

Not gonna give up on SoundEasy, but it's gonna take the back seat for a while.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Hmmm...
This showed up on my doorstep today:

diskreet

diskreet

Audioholic
One more non-audiophile purchase; Got a new cabinet from New Age to fit all my moto gear. This is a total game changer. It gets all this stuff out of the house, and it matches the other cabinets I have in there for tools and other garage items.

Now that this is done I get to use the closet in the living room for coats/shoes/kids stuff. So much better.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
View attachment 44635
Got a new Pro-Ject Debut Carbon EVO in gloss black. Spinning a copy of Styx Crystal Ball on gold vinyl.
Very nice Eppie! Looking at your pic makes me want to listen to some records. Yours is all shiny and new too.

I'm all digital now and have no intentions of going vinyl, but I have pleasant memories of listening to it on my uncles' systems back in the late 70's when I was a kid. My uncle David introduced me to AC/DC when I was 8 or 9! Vinyl was hifi for the day and I totally get why people love it so much. Playing vinyl gets you more involved with the equipment and medium. Watching the record spin, the way the needle rides the groove... it's just cool. I don't find the occasional pop or crackle overly offensive either.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Grado_MC plus.jpg

Got a Grado MC+ monaural cartridge and set it up in the Kenwood KD4100 turntable's original headshell. Perfect vertical tracking angle.

Spinning one of the two 10" 33-1/3rpm records of the 1955 Capitol Records release of Frank Sinatra "In The Wee Small Hours."

Incredible as both excellent sound quality and a great history lesson. Now listening to a couple of Stan Getz records on the Verve label.

Life is good. :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis