What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Some of my best buys have been Monster cables at 75% off closeout!
As long as you aren't paying the inflated price, these are often well made.
KEW did you get the Anbes yet? If yes thoughts?

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
KEW did you get the Anbes yet? If yes thoughts?
Thanks for the recommendation!
I got them June 25th, but it took me a few days to get them up and running.
I like them - very good sound for earbuds (IME headphones outperform earbuds)!
They seal well in my ears and have great bass! I tried jumping around and bumping my head with the butt of my palm to try and knock them out (or loose) and they never even started to work loose. I think I could use these on my dirt bike without any concern! (but it is reassuring that I am only gambling with $30 if they were to fall into a creek or something!)
Given the cordless function, sound quality, and how well they fit & stay in my ears they are winners!
However, the jury is still out on whether my battery is working as it should. I fully charged them two days ago and when I connected them (for the first time) today, my phone indicated 40% (on the screen where the bluetooth pairing is done) I assume that is battery life and not the strength of the BT signal. If so, it seems wrong that they would lose 60% of the charge while sitting idle over 2 days,
I need to consult the instructions, but do not have them with me this evening.
I may have gotten a bad battery or I may find the battery life is great but my phone is not giving a proper reading, or that reading has nothing to do with battery life.
If I got a bad battery, I'll return for replacement (Amazon Prime really is a good system for being able to buy with confidence thanks to the easy return ... and I have a UPS Store 1 mile down the road I leave my house by 90% of the time).

I haven't tried them for a phone call yet, but either way, they are winners for music and that is my primary interest!

Edit: The manual did not address what "40%" on my phones BT pairing screen, however, when I put them back on the charger, four of teh lights were solid while the fifth was blinking. That is consistent with a device that had a full charge and was used enough to run the battery dow to 80% at the least. So it seems the battery is likely fine and the 40% is not charge indication (or it is not reading properly). Either way, I'm happy, at this point!
I'll try to get them on for most of tomorrow to see what type of battery life they have.

Last edited:
hemiram

hemiram

Full Audioholic
I kind of went off the deep end after swearing to myself I wouldn't buy anything that costs more than about $100 until next year.
So far since June 1st..
APC Back UP UPS.
Rythmik F12 Sub.
Denon AVR-X4500 reciever.
Next is probably a mid range at least BD player.
On top of all the stuff I've bought since 2017, including 4 speakers, Yamaha AVR, classic old Onkyo 2 Channel amp to run my front speakers as the Yamaha just didn't cut it, even in an apartment!
And I have the itch to buy some decent headphones to blast my ears, but I really hate to wear headphones for very long, and really really hate in ear ones. They never really fit right, even the custom ones I had made hurt after an hour or so. I think I'm really done, as I have absolutely zero interest in vinyl and anything to do with it. All those years of cleaning, adjusting, the crackles and pops, screw it.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Bought the 24 bit/48khz version of this. I had attended the actual show, and really like the quality of the mix and engineering of this recording. I think it's just SO cool that Gov't Mule records just about every show they do, then a few days later post their recording of it. You can get it in MP3, 16/44.1, 24/48, and several AAC versions. What a great show it was too! The Karl Densmore's Tiny Universe opened, and also joined onstage with Gov't Mule for several tracks.

https://www.jambase.com/article/govt-mule-karl-densons-tiny-universe-boston

The shows can be downloaded @ Muletracks.com
mule190627_01.jpg

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks for the recommendation!
I got them June 25th, but it took me a few days to get them up and running.
I like them - very good sound for earbuds (IME headphones outperform earbuds)!
They seal well in my ears and have great bass! I tried jumping around and bumping my head with the butt of my palm to try and knock them out (or loose) and they never even started to work loose. I think I could use these on my dirt bike without any concern! (but it is reassuring that I am only gambling with $30 if they were to fall into a creek or something!)
Given the cordless function, sound quality, and how well they fit & stay in my ears they are winners!
However, the jury is still out on whether my battery is working as it should. I fully charged them two days ago and when I connected them (for the first time) today, my phone indicated 40% (on the screen where the bluetooth pairing is done) I assume that is battery life and not the strength of the BT signal. If so, it seems wrong that they would lose 60% of the charge while sitting idle over 2 days,
I need to consult the instructions, but do not have them with me this evening.
I may have gotten a bad battery or I may find the battery life is great but my phone is not giving a proper reading, or that reading has nothing to do with battery life.
If I got a bad battery, I'll return for replacement (Amazon Prime really is a good system for being able to buy with confidence thanks to the easy return ... and I have a UPS Store 1 mile down the road I leave my house by 90% of the time).

I haven't tried them for a phone call yet, but either way, they are winners for music and that is my primary interest!

Edit: The manual did not address what "40%" on my phones BT pairing screen, however, when I put them back on the charger, four of teh lights were solid while the fifth was blinking. That is consistent with a device that had a full charge and was used enough to run the battery dow to 80% at the least. So it seems the battery is likely fine and the 40% is not charge indication (or it is not reading properly). Either way, I'm happy, at this point!
I'll try to get them on for most of tomorrow to see what type of battery life they have.
Okay, now I have spent enough time with these to understand what is going on (or at least most of it)!
The "battery reading 40% on my phone" issue is resolved. In typical guy fashion, I did not really look at these before use. I just put them on the charger, then threw them in my ears after they had a full charge! Had I been in a better lit room or read the manual, I would have noticed a very important thing!

The Charging Case is a power bank as well! Cool!!!

Accordingly, when I thought the buds were fully charged, it was actually the case that had the full charge! Not only that, but there are little pieces of plastic film over the earbud connectors so they would not charge. The same type of film that is put over easily scratched or "fingerprint magnet" surfaces. These are tiny and there is no "pull tab" sticking out to catch my attention (by feel or sight under medium light). So I had not charged the buds at all!:rolleyes:

So, in conclusion, these are great earbuds, not up to Sennheiser headphone standards for sound quality, but very good for buds and everything else about them is perfect! Headphones usually end up being a problem for me because they get so hot. These will actually get used on a nearly daily basis!
It sucks that Amazon had already sold out of these by the time they arrived. Hopefully more are coming!?
@afterlife2 if you see these restocked or find the equivalent, please let me know! I have seen others that look identical except a different case, but who knows!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07M8LWN2G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Hi KEW I'm excited that you like them. They are incredible for the price. I also had the plastic on earbud case and figured it out just like you. There is another company that has the same design, but I'm 90% that they have the same SQ. I've never tried them and like you said you can return them back:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N1GXXFN/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_hOHhDbEV6M5V3
I did a overview on some of the TWS I've tried and posted them here and most can be found on amazon or ebay:
https://forums.audioholics.com/forums/threads/the-headphone-thread-share-your-gear-and-impressions-etc.97424/
Maybe you can post your review there as well.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks, I ordered another pair.
Oh, I forgot! I have used them for phone and they are pretty damn good!
My big concern was with the microphone at you ear, how good could they work? I called my girlfriend and she said they were perfectly clear. I was inside so had walls to reflect the sound back at the microphone, so I stepped outside. She said it wasn't as good - she could still hear me fine but background noise had increased (automatic volume control?)! So that makes them totally acceptable for my phone use!
I will copy review to other thread later, I've fiddle-farted away too much of today here already!:)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Great I'd can't wait till you compare them to see if the SQ is the same. Yes call quality is good in a quiet area. I mainly use mine for Music, YouTube and Movies/TV shows. That wide soundstage on the Anbes is great for TV shows.

VonMagnum

VonMagnum

Audioholic Chief
My sphinxes from The Neverending Story showed up today for my home theater room.

Do not doubt yourself as you pass into the back of the room....

Neverending Sphinx L s.jpg
Neverending Sphinx R s.jpg
Neverending Sphinx Overview s.jpg

Last edited:
KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Hakko 599B-02 soldering tip cleaner and no-name import 5-clip with LED lighted magnifier soldering fixture. This should make some tasks a LOT easier. Just after I had recently bought a decent 60W soldering station (Aoyue brand), I got a free used 60W Xytronic X100 from work, thank "6S cleanouts"!
Hakko5899B-02_stand.jpg

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
1563057558938.png

The real story behind Marvels Endgame. Thanos was virtually omnipotent.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
IMG_2059.jpg

Found these 45's at a used record store, the upper left is blue vinyl.
Al Goodman (probably no relation to Benny) was born 1890 in Ukraine, died NYC 1972. Mostly RCA radio orchestra.
The upper right is an American pop group, most popular from the late 1940's - mid 1950's "The Three Suns", according to Wikipedia active 1939-1966.
The bottom one, Ella Fitzgerald is the first I'd ever seen of a 45 in a stiff jacket sleeve like 12" LP's come in.
It's 3 tunes from the 1955 Jack Webb movie "Pete Kelly's Blues"

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
For Prime Day I picked up an Echo Show 5 to act as my new alarm clock. Also for Prime Day I bought a new pressure washer so I can wash down my house. Finally I picked up (non-Prime Day) the Limited Edition Steelbook (director's cut) Blu-Ray version of Lifeforce. It's old and a bit hokey but IMHO Mathilda May deserves to be appreciated in 1080P. :D

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CTBQ7JG

hemiram

hemiram

Full Audioholic
For Prime Day I picked up an Echo Show 5 to act as my new alarm clock. Also for Prime Day I bought a new pressure washer so I can wash down my house. Finally I picked up (non-Prime Day) the Limited Edition Steelbook (director's cut) Blu-Ray version of Lifeforce. It's old and a bit hokey but IMHO Mathilda May deserves to be appreciated in 1080P. :D

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CTBQ7JG

I thought Lifeforce was hilarious. And MM was definitely not shy.

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
Well...I've had my Primo Oval XL kamado for about 2 yrs now and have done over 60 cooks on it already. But many of those were high heat cooks. I did a low and slow turkey for Thanksgiving and it turned uout pretty good but I felt like I was flying in the dark the whole time.

So...I bought a temp control unit. A 4 Ch Signals and the blower attachment, Billows.

temp control.JPG

And promptly put it to use with 3 racks of STL style spare ribs. Unfortunately the adaptor for my smoker was not ready to ship so I didn't get to use the Billows yet.

stl1.JPG

Got the grill up to 225 deg without much of a problem...with the phone app and wifi the Signals alerted me when I got to a preset alarm so I could teak it the rest of the way.

stl3hr.JPG

3 hour mark...it's been a rocky ride maintaining 225, but I'm quite pleased, I averaged 228 over this stretch internal temp is 181...wrapped in foil for the next phase.

stl6hr.JPG

I went an hour and half in foil, and the same amount of time for saucing and it covered total 6 hrs in and internal temp is 192, I'd already pulled the food probe...they were pulled off at this point. Temps average 236 over the last 3 yrs.

First cook...pretty good job Signals. Can't wait to attach the fan on the next long cook...I had a lot of trips tweaking the Primo over that 6 hr stretch, but knowing the pit temp and the food temp at all times was comforting. Was concerned about the wifi connection, but I was able to go around the house, even up to the loft to update my music without losing the connection.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis