What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
Got a couple CD trays to hold some overflow, and my collection of Ultra Lounge fits nicely.
The front panel flips down and is magnetic, the trays are a faux leather style and stackable.

IMG_2005.JPG

VonMagnum

VonMagnum

Audioholic Chief
Might have to buy a new fridge now too.... Freezer is cooling, but the fridge is getting warm. I've got it turned off to manually defrost in case something is blocked between the freezer and fridge vent (had to move food to beer fridge downstairs).

What are the odds? All these have happened in the one week since I've started my "staycation" from work.

Clogged gutter
Clogged Tx valve on air conditioner (looks like it'll be $750-1000 total to fix when all is said and done)
Clogged passageway (or whatever it is) between freezer and fridge that was working perfect a week ago (but then so was the AC)
Pulled arm muscle just trimming some branches (well it hurt for three days and I was just using a hedge trimmer to get the limbs hanging down so I was just holding it up as I walked around)
And possibly clogged intestine (getting some shooting pains down there; hope it's not my appendix)

I'm not particularly religious anymore (too many letdowns in times of need to think anyone is there or if they are that they give two craps about me),but even I don't believe in THAT many coincidences in a one week period. Not giving a crap is one thing; actively attacking me is another. To say I'm starting to feel stressed would be an understatement.

I had planned to replace the garage door, screen door and maybe the countertops and hot water tank during my time off. I haven't been able to get to any of those since the air conditioning, gutters and fridge are more important.... :rolleyes:

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
So nobody's going to ask about the gold medal in figure skating? Where? When? DETAILS are required. :)
Can't get into a lot of details so I don't steal the thread.
In short, I figure skate. I started when I was 38. I never skated before, but I was good at it. I joined a club and didn't miss a single training. This is me getting the gold medal in International Competition in Bled Slovenia (where the First Lady Melania is from):
1560849789610.jpeg

I have glasses.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Wonder what it takes to get the assembly gig with Amazon!!!

Is there really anything to assemble?
I can't figure out how to slide it out of the box! I have two of these, one is the older model without the magnetic flap and the other with. Nice looking and functioning product.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I can't figure out how to slide it out of the box! I have two of these, one is the older model without the magnetic flap and the other with. Nice looking and functioning product.
Sounds like you need to call in an expert!!!

Last edited:
KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Yea, must be really complicated to stack them, that may require one to buy the $100 'expert assembly' option! :p
It's $100.79!
These guys are highly specialized experts, and here you are trying to low-ball them!
Shame on you!

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
It's $100.79!
These guys are highly specialized experts, and here you are trying to low-ball them!
Shame on you!
Yea, $100.79 sounds more legit and trustworthy than a mere $100.00! But if they raise their fee to $101.82, I'm calling the BBB!

VonMagnum

VonMagnum

Audioholic Chief
I got a few new medallions (Mayan/Aztec Calendar themed). Top one is a necklace style made of Sterling Silver. Bottom two are front/back of a 3" 'coin' style medallion (but much larger) made of Bronze. I've got two of them so I can show the front back at the same time in the room.

Silver Mayan Calendar Medallion S2.jpg
MayaMedallion Front S.jpg
MayaMedallion Back S.jpg

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I got a few new medallions (Mayan/Aztec Calendar themed). Top one is a necklace style made of Sterling Silver. Bottom two are front/back of a 3" 'coin' style medallion (but much larger) made of Bronze. I've got two of them so I can show the front back at the same time in the room.

View attachment 29892View attachment 29893View attachment 29894
I'm beginning to think that in lieu of a "home theater", you actually have a "movie memorabilia center with AV capability"!
How many artifacts do you have in there?

VonMagnum

VonMagnum

Audioholic Chief
I'm beginning to think that in lieu of a "home theater", you actually have a "movie memorabilia center with AV capability"!
Well, other than maybe getting a better screen and/or projector and possibly a second sub (although my REW measurements suggest the sub isn't needed in the back after all), the home theater is done. It turns out it's more fun to go prop hunting than it is to run wires.... ;)

VonMagnum

VonMagnum

Audioholic Chief
To answer the question, I keep a "Props" thread here:

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/15-general-home-theater-media-game-rooms/3055288-movie-props-decoration.html#post57716838

Theater Updates here:

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-receivers-amps-processors/2321145-beyond-7-1-4-multi-avr-set-up-immersive-audio-54.html#post56799092

VonMagnum

VonMagnum

Audioholic Chief
I just bought a new Star Wars light switch cover and put it in my home theater room, but I'm not sure if it's quite appropriate for the home theater room. It seems to lack a certain sense of maturity for some reason....

Conan Stormtrooper Switch S.jpg

Stormtrooper Light Switch S.jpg

VonMagnum

VonMagnum

Audioholic Chief
Has anyone else noticed when you try to buy something on Amazon that its own search results don't REMOTELY match what you ask for and purposely shows things like 3.5" drives when you specified 2.5"?

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis