What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Haven't been happy with the PS4 so I picked up an Xbox 1 last night. So far I'm digging it. Looks like the PS 4 is going back.
I know you've said it already, but could you tell me again what you didn't like about the PS4 and what you like more about the Xbox? I'm still trying to figure out which I want to get. Thanks.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I know you've said it already, but could you tell me again what you didn't like about the PS4 and what you like more about the Xbox? I'm still trying to figure out which I want to get. Thanks.
PS4
Doesn't play 3D BD's or CD's (Assume this will be corrected with a firmware update in the future but who knows when?)
Can't be controlled with a universal remote (No BT to IR adapters for it)
Web browser is still a pile of crap

Xbox 1
Doesn't play 3D BD's yet but does play CD's
Can be controlled with a universal remote
Comes with Internet Explorer
TV pass through is pretty cool

I'll probably return my PS 4 and pick it up again once they get all the bugs worked out. I didn't pay $400 to be a beta-tester. But for now I think the Xbox is a better option for me. About the only thing that's holding me to the PS 4 is that I don't want to do all my unlocks for Battlefield 4 all over again.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
PS4
Doesn't play 3D BD's or CD's (Assume this will be corrected with a firmware update in the future but who knows when?)
Can't be controlled with a universal remote (No BT to IR adapters for it)
Web browser is still a pile of crap

Xbox 1
Doesn't play 3D BD's yet but does play CD's
Can be controlled with a universal remote
Comes with Internet Explorer
TV pass through is pretty cool

I'll probably return my PS 4 and pick it up again once they get all the bugs worked out. I didn't pay $400 to be a beta-tester. But for now I think the Xbox is a better option for me. About the only thing that's holding me to the PS 4 is that I don't want to do all my unlocks for Battlefield 4 all over again.
Since it wasn't mentioned, I'm guessing gameplay is pretty similar on both?

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Since it wasn't mentioned, I'm guessing gameplay is pretty similar on both?
I would assume so. Unfortunately I don't have any games for both systems to do an apples to apples comparison. People talk about how the PS 4 does 1080p natively and the Xbox is 720 upscaled but I don't know if that's a noticeable difference. Also I heard about the Xbox having some troubles with the new Tomb Raider that the PS 4 didn't have.

The controllers feel pretty similar though. I do kind of like that the Xbox controller comes with batteries so you can just replace them when they wear out. Oh yeah that was another thing that annoyed me about the PS 4, the controller just died on me while playing BF4. No warning at all. The PS 3 warns you when the battery is getting low. I just don't understand why there are so many things that the PS 3 does that the PS 4 doesn't.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I would assume so. Unfortunately I don't have any games for both systems to do an apples to apples comparison. People talk about how the PS 4 does 1080p natively and the Xbox is 720 upscaled but I don't know if that's a noticeable difference. Also I heard about the Xbox having some troubles with the new Tomb Raider that the PS 4 didn't have.

The controllers feel pretty similar though. I do kind of like that the Xbox controller comes with batteries so you can just replace them when they wear out. Oh yeah that was another thing that annoyed me about the PS 4, the controller just died on me while playing BF4. No warning at all. The PS 3 warns you when the battery is getting low. I just don't understand why there are so many things that the PS 3 does that the PS 4 doesn't.
You must have been abusing the controller then :D , because mine always lets me know when the PS4 controller is almost dead just like the PS3. Check to see if you've turned notifications off - there are too many of them and they pop up while you are playing randomly - some are good, others are pointless. The PS4 controllers, even with vibration turned off, die a lot more quickly than the Dual Shock controllers.

If you are a Plus member, there are 4 or 5 free games on PSN right now, and a few more that are ported from the PS3 that you also get free if you owned them for PS3. Resogun is ridiculously fun.

There are two annoying things I've found 1) they need to release better audio support. The only options are LPCM, DD or DTS, not ALL of them, meaning you get to choose ONE and 2) About half the time it says I logged in, but none of my media is available, so I have to log off and back on for it to let me use any downloaded games or apps WTF?

**Another one that is related to the PS4's lack of audio config - my TP-60 has had issues lately turning on. I sent an email to PE asking them if it was an issue, because I thought there was something wrong with the amp. I switched to another device and the problem was gone. My only thought is the audio is being sent incorrectly and not recognizing the rear channels so the amp won't turn on, because it seems it only happens with the PS4.

Last edited:
darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Smartglass on the Xbox is pretty cool also. I like being able to type using my Nook instead of the controller. I'm not sure if the PS 4 has an app like that.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Smartglass on the Xbox is pretty cool also. I like being able to type using my Nook instead of the controller. I'm not sure if the PS 4 has an app like that.
It doesn't yet, but if you look at the configuration area in the PS4, they are definitely going to be releasing stuff like that. I think that is why they didn't release a bluetooth controller for it - they expect you will use your phone or Vita.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Got the Pioneer headphones on Thurs and they are awesome right out the box.:cool: You guys should get a pair. The Mids are so good and just right amount of BASS.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
It's an alignment tool for fences and blades. I'll be using it for blade checking and possibly to align an aftermarket fence on the old table saw.
Are you going to be cutting brake rotors on that saw too?:D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis