What line in a movie made you say Yesss!!!

Q

Quig

Audioholic Intern
I can't believe nobody has mentioned 'Scent of a Woman' and the scene when Al Pacino lays down the law... Fuggin great! :D

"If I were the man I was five years ago I'd take a FLAMETHROWER to this place!!!!"

Aarong

Enthusiast
Weellll since you guys are going to break out the Fight Club quotes. Here's one for ya:

"Man, I see in fight club the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy **** we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off." :mad:

Fight Club really spoke to me at times, and that line hit me on the chin.

While we're at it: "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

C

Cygnus

Senior Audioholic
They Live:

"I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ***, and im all outta bubblegum!"

Classic! :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Aarong said:
Weellll since you guys are going to break out the Fight Club quotes. Here's one for ya:
There are TONS of lines that are quote worthy in that movie, IMO:

"Martha's polishing the brass on the Titanic."

"On a large enough time line, the survival rate for everyone will drop to zero."

"If I could wake up in a different place, at a different time, could I wake up as a different person?"

"Airports have a policy against vibrating luggage."

"IKEA nesting instinct"

"You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else, and we are all part of the same compost pile."

"Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy sh*t we don't need."

And one of my personal favorites:

"The things you own, end up owning you."

J

jmgillespie

Junior Audioholic
super troopers "I don't want a large farva I want a god damn liter of cola"
Boondock Saints "Is it dead?"
Resevoir Dogs "Are you going to bark all day little doggie or are you going to bite?
Dazed and Confused "I love them high school girls I get older they stay the same age"
Full Metal Jacket "Eat **** and Die"
Sin City "It's gonna be blood for blood and by the gallons. It's the old days. The bad days. The all-or-nothings days. They're back."
Sin City "It's time to prove to your friends that you're worth a damn. Sometimes that means dying. Sometimes that means killing a whole lot of people."

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

Cheesy but cool: Vin Deisel in the Fast & the Furious - "I live my life a quarter mile at a time."

B

benolium

Junior Audioholic
Fight Club

"sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken"

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
"I live my life a quarter mile at a time."
Cheezy yes. It would have been a cool quote, if it wasn't in the context of that movie. The best comment I ever heard about that movie was from one of my racing buddies right after he saw it: "I didn't know it was a comedy." LMAO!

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
j_garcia said:
Cheezy yes. It would have been a cool quote, if it wasn't in the context of that movie. The best comment I ever heard about that movie was from one of my racing buddies right after he saw it: "I didn't know it was a comedy." LMAO!
In the movie Torque they make fun of that line, I thought it was hilarious when they did, but you would have had to see fast and the furious a few times to get the joke.

Q

Quig

Audioholic Intern
Spiffyfast said:
In the movie Torque they make fun of that line, I thought it was hilarious when they did, but you would have had to see fast and the furious a few times to get the joke.
"Torque" has NO ROOM to make fun of ANYONE. ;) Incredibly bad movie... Right up there with "Bike Boyz". Makes me angry just thinking about those two... :mad:

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
Quig said:
"Torque" has NO ROOM to make fun of ANYONE. ;) Incredibly bad movie... Right up there with "Bike Boyz". Makes me angry just thinking about those two... :mad:
Pshttt....great movies if all your wanting to watch is the bikes and top notch acting in both.... wait, I lied about the second one

Last edited:
mkossler

mkossler

Audioholic
Speaking of bad movies with great lines, in The Rock at the end when one of the "soldiers" says to Nick Cage, "So you're the chemical freak" (or something like that) and Cage says, "No, I'm the chemical super freak" and blows a six-inch hole in his gullet, that was a moment.

In The Hustler (Paul Newman, George C Scott, Piper Laurie, Jackie Gleason, look it up) - Fast Eddie Felson comes back after the death of his girlfriend, and finally beats Minnesota Fats in an all-nighter pool marathon. Fast Eddie is talking about all of the reasons he lost the previous match, all of the weaknesses in himself that Fats and his sponsors exploited, and it's clear Eddie's going to win.

Fats says "Play pool, Fast Eddie."

And Eddie says, "I am playing pool Fats - and when I miss, it'll be your turn."

See the movie, and you'll understand.

racquetman

racquetman

Audioholic Chief
While not the greatest movie, King Arthur did have its moments. I thought Clive Owen made a good Arthur, and I particularly liked the way he delivered this line:

Cerdic: You come to beg a truce, you should be on your knees.

Arthur: I came to see your face, so that I alone may find you on the battlefield. And it will be good of you to mark my face, Saxon, for the next time you see it, it will be the last thing you see on this earth.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Star Trek First Contact

Captain Picard Speech about the Borg: "They invade our space, we fall back... The line must be drawn here, this far no further.. I will make them pay for what they have done!"

Bronx Tale
Boss says to the bikers "Now you can't leave"

Star Trek II
Kirk says to Khan "We tried it once your way Khan but now I see your game for a rematch. Khan, I am laughing at your superior intellect"

L

lyke_no_otha

Audiophyte
In the Return of the King, when they blew the horn and then you saw the guys on the horses rode up.

Everytime i hear that horn, it gives me goosebumps.

D

djoxygen

Full Audioholic
JohnA said:
This day is called the feast of Crispian:

That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.
<sniff> One of the best speeches ever, and Brannagh delivered it so very well.

D

djoxygen

Full Audioholic
"My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

Also, Hudson's final scene in Aliens. Next-to-worthless wise-*** the whole movie. Then, when he goes down fighting...

"You want some, too? Yeah? Come on motherf***er! You want some?"

D

djoxygen

Full Audioholic
Oh, and just about every line in the "Firefly" series. Best. TV writing. Ever.

Every day between now and the release of Serenity is an eternity.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The Professional - When Leon hands the "item" to Gary Oldman's character and says "This is from Mathilda". :D

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
team america analogy

I think the single best line in a movie was said by a puppet. thats right, team america. It was at the very end when "gary" had to out-act Alec Baldwin.

i found the line, enjoy

gary:

[Edit: Deleted. We don't want this stuff on our forums. It was funny, but go rent the movie if you want to wade through 2 hours of vulgarites. Thanks for understanding. - Admin]

haha, excellent
sheep

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis