What line in a movie made you say Yesss!!!

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
Following in the footsteps of the movies that choke you up thread, how about a little twist on it.

What line or scene in a movie made you clinch your fist together and say out-loud, " YESSS!!"

For me, the most recent was in Revenge of the Sith. After two movies of listening to Yoda giving moronic advice to Anakin, when Anakin turns to Palpatine and ask if he could learn these powers to save his Padme. Palpatine turns to him and says with a smirk "Not from a Jedi" I thought that one line alone was worth the price of admission :D

I loved it in Independence Day when Wil Smith walks up and punches the alien in the face after finally bringing down his spaceship (and losing his own in the process) and says "Welcome to Earth!" - the audience erupted in cheering (it was opening night).

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
Remember the Titans when they are playing the game where the refs were paid off and Denzel Washington gives his speach and then says "I dont want to see them get another yard"

Gatsby

Gatsby

Audiophyte
Snatch where the gypsies start killing Bricktop's men and Turkish says "For every action, there is a reaction. And a Pikey reaction is quite a [bleep] thing. Or in Return of the King when Aragorn took off the Mouth of Sauron's head. It wasn't really a line (or even in the book), but it rocked.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
"You are not the contents of your wallet..."

"I'm your Huckleberry...that's just my game."

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
"She's got a great ***, and your head is allllllllllllll the way up it!"

Aarong

Enthusiast
Obvious, but from Gladiator:

"My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next."

Goosebumps just reading that. Half-way puts some fire in the belly and brings a tear to the eye at the same time.

Also, in Troy, when Achilles stands outside the walls, alone, screaming for Hector. Just intense. Can you empathize for Hector? Yikes.

"Hectorrrrr.....!!!" *cringe* :(

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
Aarong said:
Obvious, but from Gladiator:

"My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next."

Goosebumps just reading that. Half-way puts some fire in the belly and brings a tear to the eye at the same time.
(
thats a good one, what about the president's speach in Independence day right before they go up for the final air battle. the We will not go quitely into the night speech, I always like that one too

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
j_garcia said:
"You are not the contents of your wallet..."

"I'm your Huckleberry...that's just my game."
Just for informational purposes only, Does anyone know what Doc meant when he said I'm your huckleberry? Hmmmm anyone?

A Huckleberry is a type of holster I only know this becuase I am a gun nut :D :)

Also, when Sam picked up Frodo and said " I can't carry for you Mr Frodo, but I can carry you!!" That gave me goose bumps. One of the best moments in cinema history i think.

Last edited:
JohnA

JohnA

Audioholic Chief
JohnA

JohnA

Audioholic Chief
Saint Crispin's day speach from Henry V

This day is called the feast of Crispian:

He that outlives this day, and comes safe home,

Will stand a tip-toe when this day is named,

And rouse him at the name of Crispian.

He that shall see this day and live old age,

Will yearly on the vigil feast his neighbours,

And say 'To-morrow is Saint Crispin's:'

Then will he strip his sleeve and show his scars.

And say 'These wounds I had on Crispin's day.'

Old men forget: yet all shall be forgot,

But he'll remember with advantages

What feats he did that day: then shall our names.

Familiar in their mouths as household words

Harry the king,

Bedford and Exeter,

Warwick and Talbot,

Salisbury and Gloucester,

Be in their flowing cups freshly remember'd.

This story shall the good man teach his son;

And Crispin Crispian shall ne'er go by,

From this day to the ending of the world,

But we in it shall be remember'd;

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;

For he to-day that sheds his blood with me

Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,

This day shall gentle his condition:

And gentlemen in England now a-bed

Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,

And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks

That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
JohnA said:
Hmmm, interesting for sure. I don't believe in Docs case though that is what he was refering too. Because in the movie, I am almost certain he wore a huckleberry holster and touched his grip when he was saying it. But I may have to watch it again tonight just to make sure :)

Which leads to another great line " You tell them I'm coming and HELL is coming with me" :D

http://www.sccs.swarthmore.edu/users/98/dylan/tomb/sound.html

Last edited:
Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
I'm ashamed of all of you, especially you Clint. How could no one here is bringing up Army of Darkness? Lines include "All hail to the king baby. Baby you got real ugly. Good, bad, I'm the one with the gun." Also this charming scene; Demon: I'll swallow your soul! Ash: Come get some.

Two of my favourite lines in any movie come from a speech in fight club. "You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." Still love this movie, and the plane scene is a great HT show-off piece.

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
"yeah, we can beat 'em. Right, and I'm a Chinese jet pilot."

"Is this powdered sugar?"
"The lice hate the sugar"
"its delicious!"

SE7EN also had a whole bunch of good lines....

"If John Doe's head splits open and a UFO flies out, I want you to have expected it"

"Hes f*ckin with us. See this, see this? This right here? This is us....."

"Hes exacting, meticulous, and worst of all..... patient."
"What? Just because this f*cker has a library card doesn't make him f*ckin Yoda. Yeah, hes probably home right now dancing around in his grandma's panties...rubbing peanutbutter on himself, masturbating to Guns & Ammo"

JohnA

JohnA

Audioholic Chief
Billy Madison

-Mr. Madison. What you've just said....is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Dead Poets Society

Sucking the marrow of life does not mean chocking on the bone.

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
Remember guys and gals, not just cool movie lines or scenes, but ones that made shout outloud or at least to yourself, YESSSS!! Kick A$$!!! It's my thread and my rules and I have mod powers :D

For example in The World is Not Enough when Bond shot that babe in the bedroom after he found out what she was. I jumped out of my seat on that scene.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
jeffsg4mac said:
Just for informational purposes only, Does anyone know what Doc meant when he said I'm your huckleberry? Hmmmm anyone?

A Huckleberry is a type of holster I only know this becuase I am a gun nut :D :)
Cool! I didn't know that. I did notice that he was the only one with that type of holser, and if it wasn't apparent to others, that aids in his being faster on the draw. I believe he did tap the handle or at least get in a stance ready to draw with the gun prominently displayed in that scene.

How about "I have not yet begun to defile myself" :D or "Where's Wyatt?" "He's down at the river, walking on water."

Shadow_Ferret

Shadow_Ferret

Audioholic Chief
I guess I don't get as emotionally involved with movies as you guys seem to. :rolleyes:

I saw a movie decades ago, can't remember the name, what it was about, who starred in it or anything. The only thing I remember is one of the characters liked to drink and he runs into the teatotaller and after learning that that person never drinks the guy replies, "You mean when you wake up in the morning that's the best you're going to feel for the rest of the day?"

I've never forgotten that line.

JohnA

JohnA

Audioholic Chief
Shawshank Redemption

You either gotta get busy living, or get busy dying. :cool:

M

Mitchell Torres

Audioholic Intern
Goddammit Cookie I want my TWELVE! Deniro in Men of Honor

and

FREEDOOOOOOOM! Mel Gibson in Braveheart

or

YO ADRIAN, I DID IT! Sylvester Stallone in Rocky.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis