What keyboard to you use for your HTPC?

tbergman

tbergman

Full Audioholic
Ok, I'm ready to make the move from my XBox with XBMC to my linux PC that I've been piecing together for a while now. The primary use will be XBMC but I would still like to be able to use it for internet browsing so I'll need a keyboard/mouse setup as well.

What are you guys using for your HTPC and how does it work? Really interested in the keyboards with trackpads.

majorloser

majorloser

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
This is what I'm going with... The Logitch dinovo.

It's actually a nice keyboard and works just as good as it looks. It'll look right at home with your high end stuff.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-diNovo-Edge-Keyboard-Black/dp/B000J43HJ8
I approve Logitech DiNovo - is a great and small keyboard.

But Imo the whole purpose of HTPC is media center - I don't want or need to run games on - therefore - best htpc keyboard is none :)

I just use the Harmony remote with MS MCE ir receiver. (thou some functions come from MCE Keyboard ;) )

itschris

itschris

I approve Logitech DiNovo - is a great and small keyboard.

But Imo the whole purpose of HTPC is media center - I don't want or need to run games on - therefore - best htpc keyboard is none :)

I just use the Harmony remote with MS MCE ir receiver. (thou some functions come from MCE Keyboard ;) )

I work in the finance industry so I'm constantly in large spreadsheets and databases and creating complicated charting. Late at night when it's quiet, I do like to sometimes work on projects on the TV. It's nice just to spread alll my crap out on the coffee table and view my work on a 65" screen. Plus, I'm sure because it's available, I will be using the computer as a computer... it'll just end up happeing that way.

I've had the chance to play with that keyboard and I do feel it's a nice piece of equipment. It's solid and it'll look good with the rest of my stuff.

PS - your blog's pretty cool I don't understand a lot of it, but it's cool nonetheless.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I work in the finance industry so I'm constantly in large spreadsheets and databases and creating complicated charting. Late at night when it's quiet, I do like to sometimes work on projects on the TV. It's nice just to spread alll my crap out on the coffee table and view my work on a 65" screen. Plus, I'm sure because it's available, I will be using the computer as a computer... it'll just end up happeing that way.

I've had the chance to play with that keyboard and I do feel it's a nice piece of equipment. It's solid and it'll look good with the rest of my stuff.

PS - your blog's pretty cool I don't understand a lot of it, but it's cool nonetheless.
I see your point... Great Idea.
Thanks for checkout my blog.
p.s: I works as IT Associate in large fund-of-funds... and No, I'm always bored ;)

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
Before I gave up on my HTPC I looked at a lot. If you're like me you want something small. As small as possible. I'll rank them as I see them.

1. diNovo Mini
  2. X-Gene. These work good but are awfully big.

Last edited by a moderator:
jinjuku

jinjuku

The stuff from Gyration is pretty good too.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_6_8?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=gyration+keyboard+and+mouse&sprefix=gyration

I peronally just use a wireless microsoft mouse/keyboard combo.
I will 2nd that. I have the Gyration MCE kb and remote. It's great to be able to flick the remote around to move the mouse cursor.

I had my first one die on me (the vertical stopped working). Called them up and in 2 minutes had an RMA. Very helpful support there.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis