What is your favorite source

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Almost always my Infinity tower speakers, But every once in a while my senn 599s or my grado 60s.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
I personally always go with open-back phones, like my current fav, HD600s. Here's a comparison with DT770s pros:
As you can see, except for the lack of bass, HD600 has better scores in Soundstage and Trebble.

As far as looking at Headphones impedance, I found it, in general, unrelated to sound quality, except in cases where your headphone amp would struggle to power them like most amps won't able to power 600ohm phones to any normal levels.
I needed closed back for quieter operation. I was seriously considering one of the Sennheiser models as well. While these DT 770s may play lower bass, they don't like to do it loudly. They, like everything else, are higher recording quality dependent, perhaps even more so than speakers, especially at louder levels. Some music like some of the better recoded jazz, is enjoyable enough.

Thankfully, they are not bright. There is enough treble for my tastes. I can hear all the percussive bits quite well and that's all I care about.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
I listen to music through my Bose wireless noise canceling cans when I’m traveling. Gave my wired pair to my daughter to use at school. Have an over the ear Bluetooth pair that’s heavy duty I use outside when working around the house replacing the AirPods I used to wear. Don’t use headphones in the house.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
I listen to music through my Bose wireless noise canceling cans when I’m traveling. Gave my wired pair to my daughter to use at school. Have an over the ear Bluetooth pair that’s heavy duty I use outside when working around the house replacing the AirPods I used to wear. Don’t use headphones in the house.
Luckily for me, I have had the shop to myself all week so have been able to listen to my LSR305 speakers at higher levels for 8hrs at a clip. Last night, nobody was home, so I let the main system rip. Tonight being Friday, they can all KMA because if I want to party, I'm gonna. It's getting to the point where if they want quiet, they can get some damn headphones or ear mufflers themselves. :)

H

HTEnthusiast

Audioholic Intern
I prefer speakers over headphones, but find the Apple AirPods Max is now my go to for headphone listening. I have Apple Music subscription, which went lossless. I find the sound to be very balanced with good bass. I also like the sound impact of Spacial Audio.

Where I primary use them, however, is for movies. I use the latest 4K AppleTV to listen to digital copies of movies directly from the AppleTV (via audio output setup), when shaking the whole house bothers the family. I have found the AirPods Max fabulous in that regard.

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
I have Bose Noise canceling, Sony Noise canceling, and Apple Airpods. Mostly listen to music and all types of content with my Bose headphones.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
I’ve always liked Bose headphones for music. Had a pair of Kloss way back in the day but Bose is better. I Haven’t tried Sony but they have good reviews.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis