What is the Best Coffee Maker with a Thermal Carafe?

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Not saying it is a problem, the glass is actually much better than a plastic bin. The grind itself creates some of the static and that is transferred into whatever is catching the coffee. Very familiar with Rain-X. If you've ever used it on your cars, you'll feel a bit tingly on your hands, similar to rubbing alcohol. I would think this is something I don't want on my coffee :)
The alcohol (probably isopropanol)) in Rain-X is merely a solvent to let you apply the siliconizing stuff. Once it dries, follow the instructions on the bottle. I'd wash it with soap & water too, just to see if the water does bead up after one application. The alcohol solvent will be gone, and the inert coating on the glass will not come off for a long time.

It's just a suggestion that I've not tried. Suit yourself.

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
Here is what I know. I use a Keurig 1 cup coffee maker. I buy Tim Hortons Original Blend, medium roast ground coffee, at Target. I have an under the kitchen sink, a cold tap water filter, using a Pentair Carbon Filter Cartridge, TSGAC-10. The filter is designed to reduce Chlorine Taste and Odor and reduce Lime and Scale.

Our Kitchen Cold Tap water is the best tasting, is excellent for cooking, and makes the best tasting coffee. I also use a Thermos SS 10oz cup, for my daily coffee. There's NO metal taste. lol

This is my story and I stand behind it!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis