What is the best AVR?

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Not that I would ever buy another AVR, but if you do get one, get one with a life expectancy of at least 1 year. Don't forget the extended warranty. Seems to me 2 out of 10 crap out after you plug them in. They just don't make them like they used to.
I guess I have 8 bullets left. :D Both my HT receivers are going strong and are 17 (Technics DX940 ) and 5 (Yamaha RX-V1800) years old respectively.

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
I guess I have 8 bullets left. :D Both my HT receivers are going strong and are 17 (Technics DX940 ) and 5 (Yamaha RX-V1800) years old respectively.
That's exactly what I am talking about. My cousin still uses my Onkyo AVR from the late 90's, still going strong. These days you have to pray that they work brand new out of the box. It's almost like a 50/50 chance, depends on which 50.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
That's exactly what I am talking about. My cousin still uses my Onkyo AVR from the late 90's, still going strong. These days you have to pray that they work brand new out of the box. It's almost like a 50/50 chance, depends on which 50.
My 3805 is 8 and in top condition, but it has not been heavily used for a few years. I expect it to last forever now in my second 2 channel system driving a pair of hungry speakers occasionally.:D

D

DS-21

Full Audioholic
My 3805 is 8 and in top condition, but it has not been heavily used for a few years. I expect it to last forever now in my second 2 channel system driving a pair of hungry speakers occasionally.:D
However, that was before all the video processing. Now AVR's have two major heat sources, rather than just one: the HDMI board, in addition to the amps.

I suspect Walter's point about current-generation AVR's will end up holding true in the long run. They're basically disposable parts.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis