What is the background of the amazing AVR system owners?

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
Hillary was on SNL last night - no, not the Amy Poehler (sp?) version, the real Hillary. Trying to show her "humorous" side I guess. :confused::(

C

cbraver

Audioholic Chief
Studying mechanical & composite engineering, also a live art class nude model to pay the bills during the semester. During the summers I work in the composite/marine industry. I've always loved music, I guess it grew into a love for reproducing it.

MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK

Audioholic Chief
I have always loved rock n roll. Even played guitar in a band in high school. I like it here because my two systems are not considered anything special and am not considered a geek. Controller, BTW of three aerospace companies.

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
I've been into audio since I was in my mid teens, and my interest has never really waned. I've had other hobbies come and go, but this one has stayed with me. I've always liked electronics, my job requires me to use some pretty sophisticated electronic instrumentation (analytical chemistry). I'll never forget listening to AC/DCs For Those About To Rock We Salute You on a pair of Polk Audio RTA11speakers running on an Adcom amp about 20 years ago. It sounded great. I think my set-up now probably sounds better than those speakers, but that particular experience has stayed with me. My first real piece of audio equipment was a Pioneer VSX something-or-other receiver (60 WPC) with a pioneer deck running through some very large Pioneer Box speakers with the 15" paper woofs. You know, it sounded quite good. Thae current VSX-1015 receiver sounds very good and has been a great performer in my set up. I don't consider myself to be an audiophile, just someone who enjoys listening to some good sounding music or watching a good movie. My set-up certainly lets me do that. I play guitar, my wife plays and teaches piano, and my kids all play piano (one also plays the saxophone). Music is a large part of our lives.

B

Buckeye_Nut

Audioholic Field Marshall
I make a good living....

It's tough work, but somebody has to do it...
;)

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
That guy looks like a Walrus.....

I bought my first stereo when I was around 15. It consisted of a Yamaha RXV440 Reciever, Pro-Linear speakers (Local brand) and a Panasonic DVD/CD player (used as a CD player because I had no TV).

That Christmas I received a subwoofer (Energy E:XL-S8). I fiddled with placement, cables, and other poop until the summer when I resumed work, where I bought a TV and center speaker, as well as component cables. I finally had a working Home theater.

This system remained unchanged for a while, only buying a subwoofer for my brother because I broke his. A few months passed I saw a deal on Energy C-1 speakers. Shortly after purchasing those, I bought my Velodyne DPS-12 and the Energy C-C1 center (close out price of $175!). The system then remained this way for quite a while until just a few months back when I bought Energy C-50 rears to compliment my fronts. I bought a Denon DVD player a while ago (2 years) just to buy an up converting player when I had an LCD for a few months (basically holding it for someone else). I built a crappy DIY sub using left over parts I had kicking around and that is where I stand today.

I currently work for a Toyota Dealership in the Service department. I spent some time at best buy a few years ago, but was quickly dismissed for telling the truth. I recently finished an Intro Class to Professional Recording Arts and Audio Engineering and am planning on going full time this fall.

SheepStar

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis