What headphones do you use?

J

JaminHead

Audiophyte
I don't listen to headphones much, but I do occasionally use noise cancelling headphones on long car/plane rides.

I bought a pair of TSC NC-3 for $19 and IMO they are an AMAZING steal at just $19.:D

R

Robof83

Audioholic
I don't listen to headphones much, but I do occasionally use noise cancelling headphones on long car/plane rides.

I bought a pair of TSC NC-3 for $19 and IMO they are an AMAZING steal at just $19.:D

I agree, I picked those up for the same price for the fourth of july clearance sale they had. Incredible speaker at about the same price you'd pay for the default ipod earbud.

M

myriad1973

Audioholic
I've owned my Audio-Technica ATH-910Pro's for 13 years. They have a good flat sound, although I've always felt the treble is a bit lacking. I'm thinking about going back to a pair of Sony VPM-6's.

Wafflesomd

Wafflesomd

Senior Audioholic
The Sony MDR-7506 (pro version) or MDR-V6 (consumer version) is where it’s at! I am unaware of anything that will touch their price to performance ratio.

A lot of material is mixed using these head phones, so you’re going to hear the material just as the mixer intended.
Damn straight. It's good to see that someone else out there knows what they're talking about. :D

People usually go for junk Senns.

Spend some more and you can get the CD900ST's. Similar to the V6/7506 but more neutral and all around better.

alexsabree

alexsabree

Junior Audioholic
Damn straight. It's good to see that someone else out there knows what they're talking about. :D

Spend some more and you can get the CD900ST's. Similar to the V6/7506 but more neutral and all around better.
Junk senns!!! :eek:

I have Audio Technica's ATH-A700.. but Sennheiser have always sounded good to me.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja

Calling Sennheiser headphones junk is ignorant. I like a more forward/brighter headphone myself, the Senns I have listened to seem a little to laid back for my taste but they are certainly not junk. In fact I find Senns very comfortable, much more so than my Alessandro's which I adore for their sound quality.

Wafflesomd

Wafflesomd

Senior Audioholic
I've used the three upper tier Senns. 580, 600, and 650. The build quality was lacking for the price.

alexsabree

alexsabree

Junior Audioholic
I've used the three upper tier Senns. 580, 600, and 650. The build quality was lacking for the price.
Wait, I thought we were talking about sound quality?

However, I'll agree that Senns don't have the best build quality in the business. Most of their headphones use plether pads and plastic. But how much does this really affect how well the headphones sound?

For the most part Sennheiser's goal with most of their products is to be the best price/performance wise. Like many other companies they've decided that they should put more money towards what really matters for most people buying audiophile grade headphones.

ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera

Junior Audioholic
The build quality of my 280pro's is just fine. I don't know if the plastic COULD be better but they haven't snapped in half yet and they have had a rough time.

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai

Heh, I have an old pair of 7506s I still toss on now and again. Nice headphones, but bass heavy. Very comfortible. Not what I would considered a neutral headphone at all. But great for listening to some dub music in the sun. :)

I don't like the Senns either but I wouldn't call them JUNK! :D:eek:;)

zhimbo

zhimbo

Audioholic General
The build quality of my 280pro's is just fine. I don't know if the plastic COULD be better but they haven't snapped in half yet and they have had a rough time.
Yeah, the 280pro set is pretty tank-like. For <$100, I can't imagine what more someone would want. Mine are a couple of years old and are still indistinguishable from new. I slightly prefer the sound of my Grados, but the build quality (and sound isolation! damn!) of the Senns is definitely superior.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis