What game are you most looking forward to in '08?

K

kragnorok

Junior Audioholic
Can we expect the game play and graphic performance of GTA4 to be the same on the PS3 and the 360. From what I understand the PS3 program writers for GTA4 had to take an extra special amount of time to finish the game (hence the delay), and that the demos seen before where of the 360 with the finished game. Rockstar apparently signed a contract stating they would release the game on both systems at the same time. I believe this will apply to other Rockstar games in the future as well.

Any truths/falsities in this?

From what I read just recently , was that it was the 360's fault that GTA IV was delayed I'm trying to find the link as I type... K well I can't find it I will keep looking though, it was something about the size of the discs, I think like BD compared to 360's DVD , anyway sorry I don't have the link at the moment.

Thunder18

Thunder18

Senior Audioholic
From what I read just recently , was that it was the 360's fault that GTA IV was delayed I'm trying to find the link as I type... K well I can't find it I will keep looking though, it was something about the size of the discs, I think like BD compared to 360's DVD , anyway sorry I don't have the link at the moment.
I posted that sometime in the past. Here's the link:
http://www.games-digest.com/2007/08/gta-iv-delayed-.html

Theory 6: "Back in May, Official PlayStation Magazine asked Rockstar Creative VP Dan House whether the lack of hard drive and Blu-Ray in the Xbox 360 created limitations. "Yep," he said. "To be honest with you we haven't solved all those riddles yet." He went on to say that both platforms "have enormous challenges." The truth? Rockstar hasn't overcome the lack of DVD player and Hard Drive in the Xbox 360. The game was actually secretly begun in development for the PS3 and made extensive use of Blu Ray, but was later ported over to Xbox 360 by agreement with Microsoft, who demanded a simultaneous multiplatform release. The PS3 version is finished. Rockstar just hasn't worked out how to cram the game onto a DVD yet."

Obviously, you should read the other reasons as well, but the fact that Rockstar has to contend with smaller disk capacities and a probable lack of a hard drive on many 360's, it seems reasonable to assume that they may have had to take some extra time to work through those limitations.

K

kragnorok

Junior Audioholic
I have read all those reasons at some point lol, just thought I would throw up the Pro ps3 since the Pro 360 aspect was put up. We will probably never know the real cause, PS3 fanboys and 360 fanboys will always claim it was the others fault. I wouldn't go as far to say I'm a fanboy, but after getting so screwed over my M$ I am way too pleased with my Playstation 3 and am glad to be back in the Sony part of things.

Im pumped for tomorrow.... Rainbow Six Vegas 2 is supposed to be coming out, who knows if I can get it in stores till Thursday though. Kind of getting mad with the whole screwing around with the release dates, it should always be Tuesday's that things come out.

Makes me an angered canuck

Last edited:
The Chukker

The Chukker

Full Audioholic
Im pumped for tomorrow.... Rainbow Six Vegas 2 is supposed to be coming out, who knows if I can get it in stores till Thursday though. Kind of getting mad with the whole screwing around with the release dates, it should always be Tuesday's that things come out.
Me too. There are some really good gameplay movies over at Gamespy and IGN; I'm glad they put the sprint feature into Vegas 2 -- it is one of the gameplay mechanics I really enjoy about COD4. Speaking of, there's some gameplay footage of the 4 new maps over at Gamespy and IGN as well now that I think about it. Hopefully Vegas 2 will still have the tactical feel the series is known for.

B

BG3

Audioholic
Since I'm growing more and more tired of wasted games due to the host leaving and prematurely ending matches in COD4, I'm really looking forward to Gran Turismo 5: Prologue....

Maybe the upcoming patch will fix the host migration and other issues but for now, it's hard for me to enjoy COD4 for extended play. The new maps do look cool though.

The Chukker

The Chukker

Full Audioholic
The host dropping is definitely a bummer, but that's the price to pay (literally with Xbox Live) in a p2p network. Wish more companies used dedicated servers for their games. That being said, I have never had an issue with lag in COD4.
Too bad, I can't blame getting smoked on latency anymore :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Well, I hope they have any network issues wrapped up before Resistance comes out - it will apparently have 8 Player CO-OP and 60 person multiplayer!

Also interested in seeing how Tomb Raider: Underworld will look. I liked Evolution on the PS2.

K

Khazad

Audiophyte
Force Unleashed
Gears of War 2

I can't wait!!! Anyone got a time machine I can borrow?:D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis