What game are you most looking forward to in '08?

Alamar

Alamar

Full Audioholic
I don't even know what's really coming down the pike. I guess that Gears of War II & Star Wars: Force Unleashed would be at the top of my list ....

The Chukker

The Chukker

Full Audioholic
Hmmmm...

A good mix (and wow not much fanboyism; what's the matter with you people?) thanks for all the responses.
I like the concept of Dead Space, I'm just not sold on the developer.
I am seriously tempted to get a PS3, funny that I'm not the only one who is skeptical of Killzone 2 -- no one mentioned it. I haven't played Resistance but I hear it's awesome, maybe I'll pick it up and its sequel when it comes out; Little Big Planet has been getting a lot of attention in the media -- it looks totally cool.

Holy crap, how could I have left out Resident Evil 5?
Resident Evil 4 was one of the most fun times I have ever had playing a videogame.

Oh and Gearbox (Brothers in Arms, Halo CE for PC) has had a new game based on the "Alien" franchise in development for quite some time now but has been quiet. I trust this developer and I know this game is going to be atmospheric and scary as hell. Also, Gearbox has fully committed to the PS3, so expect a kick@ss version of this game to come to Sony's baby, not just a port -- this includes the new BIA game as well...:D

K

kragnorok

Junior Audioholic
I heard, about the Aliens games, there was going to be a couple different versions/games. One full out action, one with more of an RPG feel, I can't remember where I read this... probably IGN somewhere.

GuardDog

GuardDog

Enthusiast
Dunno if it's in 2008 but just read a confirmation, god of War III for PS3 :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I am not sold on Dead Space either, but it sounds like a good concept. If they pull it off...

RE5 is also scheduled for late 08, possibly 09, otherwise I would have mentioned it. I have a friend who works for Capcom, I will ask him what he knows.

aberkowitz

aberkowitz

Audioholic Field Marshall
Sucks about the push back of GoW. I'm looking forward to Force Unleashed.

There's also a Civ release for the PS3. I love the game for the PC... I think it could be pretty cool on the PS3 with the PQ.

M

mjfoster77

Audioholic
I would have to say Fable 2. I hope they put all the stuff in that didn't make it into the first game. There are so many I'm looking forward to it's not funny: RS6 Vegas 2, gears of war 3, BIA, MGS4, RE5. THis year could actually be beter than last year, which is hard to believe.

M

mjfoster77

Audioholic
How could I forget Condemd 2. The first one was great. It was like playing "Seven" the movie. The graphics aren't great (now compared to what's out) but the gameplay more then made up for it.

A

abboudc

Audioholic Chief
Grand Theft Auto 4 (360)
Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3)
Gears of War 2 (360)
Okami (Wii)

GuardDog

GuardDog

Enthusiast
I'm only counting it because I hooked my PC up to my Sony Bravia TV...

StarGate: Worlds (I'm a die hard StarGate Fan. Once my Onkyo Reciever comes and I hook up my surround sound I'll be watching Band of Brothers and then the whole series of StarGate lol)

The Chukker

The Chukker

Full Audioholic
How could I forget Condemd 2. The first one was great. It was like playing "Seven" the movie. The graphics aren't great (now compared to what's out) but the gameplay more then made up for it.
I disagree; I think the visuals in Condemned were outstanding especially considering it was a launch title. The folks at Monolith have a good grasp on what makes us shudder, just look at their work on F.E.A.R.

I would like to add Fallout 3 to this list -- we need a great first person RPG to dive into, Oblivion was awesome and there is nothing else out there like it right now. I know this is sacrilege, but I just don't get into Bioware's (or the the Japenese/Squaresoft) take on the RPG genre.

Alamar

Alamar

Full Audioholic
Oh I can't forget Blood Bowl ... it should be a great little time killer :)

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
The games I will buy are Gears of War 2 and the new Grand Theft IV...not to many other games have caught my attention yet

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Can we expect the game play and graphic performance of GTA4 to be the same on the PS3 and the 360. From what I understand the PS3 program writers for GTA4 had to take an extra special amount of time to finish the game (hence the delay), and that the demos seen before where of the 360 with the finished game. Rockstar apparently signed a contract stating they would release the game on both systems at the same time. I believe this will apply to other Rockstar games in the future as well.

Any truths/falsities in this?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Can we expect the game play and graphic performance of GTA4 to be the same on the PS3 and the 360. From what I understand the PS3 program writers for GTA4 had to take an extra special amount of time to finish the game (hence the delay), and that the demos seen before where of the 360 with the finished game. Rockstar apparently signed a contract stating they would release the game on both systems at the same time. I believe this will apply to other Rockstar games in the future as well.

Any truths/falsities in this?
Not sure about it being a contract requirement, but Rockstar said they would release for both day and date. Yes, the delay was due to programming issues, which Sony apparently helped fix by sending additional people over to Rockstar to correct the code.

Guiria

Guiria

Senior Audioholic
How could i forget this one :eek:
This one is going to make me come back to the RTS genre.
I'm waiting to upgrade my PC until the minimum system requirements are released by Blizzard. This game will cause some serious un-productivity at my place.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I am also interested in Resistance 2...read an article on it the other day. Should be good.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis