What do you think about what's gong on at the Capital??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
I'll add Bill Barr's comments:

“Orchestrating a mob to pressure Congress is inexcusable,” Barr said in a statement obtained by POLITICO. “The President’s conduct yesterday was a betrayal of his office and supporters.”

Bill Barr can choke on a lord helmet. You think it's coincidence that he resigned 2 weeks before this happened? He knew he couldn't stop trump, and he didn't want it on his hands.

Here's food for thought: trump orchestrated this. And he was willing to let Pence be slain by an angry mob to prevent him certifying the electoral votes. Because it's beyond obvious that Pence himself had no freaking clue this was going to go down.

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
Transportation Secretary Chao resigned.

That's only because hubby Moscow Mitch no longer has the highest power. So her funneling special projects to Mitch's district is no longer needed to keep him in power.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
No suprise it would be America's sweetheart Matt Gaetz saying the mob wasn't Trump supporters but antifa disguised as Trump supporters. I'd say he's set a new low, but there isn't a bar with him.....

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
No suprise it would be America's sweetheart Matt Gaetz saying the mob wasn't Trump supporters but antifa disguised as Trump supporters. I'd say he's set a new low, but there isn't a bar with him.....
I can't believe anyone is that stupid. I think a better explanation, not just for his idiotic reasoning, but for the complicit silence of so many Republicans, is that they are genuinely afraid of their "base". If they make the slightest step out of line, they know the death threats will start pouring in. It looks like some of the people who invaded the capitol building were prepared to act on those threats as well. Those were the brown-shirts, and yesterday was America's Beer Hall Putsch.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I can't believe anyone is that stupid. I think a better explanation, not just for his idiotic reasoning, but for the complicit silence of so many Republicans, is that they are genuinely afraid of their "base". If they make the slightest step out of line, they know the death threats will start pouring in. It looks like some of the people who invaded the capitol building were prepared to act on those threats as well. Those were the brown-shirts, and yesterday was America's Beer Hall Putsch.
If I'm correct Gaetz has some 17 speeding tickets and has political connections via his father, was born with a silver spoon etc. He wore a gas mask to Congress once to mock covid but ended up catching it. He's that type of arrogant asshole. It's people like this in the Republican party who have to go before they can recover with some sense of respect. (Note at the end of Gaetz's footage some actually applauded him.)

Edit: 17 tix. I'm not sure they're all for speeding.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
The antifa false flag narrative is ridiculous.

Ashli Babbitt, the woman who was killed, was QAnon believer/Trump supporter:

The guy who broke into Nancy Pelosi's office is a wing nut from Arkansas:

I can't say for sure that the guy (on the right below) is not antifa, but he seems pretty friendly with the wacky fur hat QAnon guy.

1610057265184.png

I can say with certainty that he is a complete moron (he got fired because he wore his work badge while breaking into the Capitol Building).

1610057170731.png

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
According to one poll, 63 percent of registered voters believe Trump is at least “somewhat” responsible “for the events that led to” the chaos at the Capitol and 49 percent say Trump is “very” responsible. 59 percent agreed that Trump “is responsible for the violence and unrest” that unfolded on the Capitol grounds while 31 percent disagreed.

This is bizarre. Only 63 percent think that Trump is even somewhat responsible? He incites a mob to attack the Capitol Building and a significant percent of people do not think he's responsible? My best guess is that the false "the antifa did it" story is believed by those in the bizarro QAnon/Trump world.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
According to one poll, 63 percent of registered voters believe Trump is at least “somewhat” responsible “for the events that led to” the chaos at the Capitol and 49 percent say Trump is “very” responsible. 59 percent agreed that Trump “is responsible for the violence and unrest” that unfolded on the Capitol grounds while 31 percent disagreed.

This is bizarre. Only 63 percent think that Trump is even somewhat responsible? He incites a mob to attack the Capitol Building and a significant percent of people do not think he's responsible? My best guess is that the false "the antifa did it" story is believed by those in the bizarro QAnon/Trump world.

Unless antifa have beards. :confused:

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Trump's televised speech has all the resonance of cardboard. :)

The GA Sec of State theorized that when Lindsey Graham contacted him what he was really asking was for him to throw away votes for Trump.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Betsy DeVos resigned.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Finally sane people in government. It is such a pleasure to hear what every single president in the last 100 years would say (except the current one)

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Wall Street Journal Op Ed:

"In concise summary, on Wednesday the leader of the executive branch incited a crowd to march on the legislative branch. The express goal was to demand that Congress and Vice President Mike Pence reject electors from enough states to deny Mr. Biden an Electoral College victory. . . . If Mr. Trump wants to avoid a second impeachment, his best path would be to take personal responsibility and resign. We know an act of grace by Mr. Trump isn’t likely. In any case this week has probably finished him as a serious political figure. He has cost Republicans the House, the White House, and now the Senate. Worse, he has betrayed his loyal supporters by lying to them about the election and the ability of Congress and Mr. Pence to overturn it. He has refused to accept the basic bargain of democracy, which is to accept the result, win or lose. It is best for everyone, himself included, if he goes away quietly."

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Anyone understand why some of the guards backed off when the mob started to push forward? The only thing I can think of is they didn't want to engage because they were outnumbered. My sense is the reason they didn't have the numbers was because they hadn't had any real violent problems with Trump demonstrations in the past. Yet that's the problem: you're suppose to have the numbers just in case. That's the whole point of prevention. So it ends up being a colossal truck up. The afterthought of 'Oh thanx for the barriers now!' Even had they for some reason not had the bodies they certainly should have had some type of barriers erected.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Some guests on Msnbc were people who follow Twitter etc. and predicted the attack on the Capital. One of them was (R-IL) Kitzinger who has been outspoken against Trump. Why the disconnect between the intel and Capital police I dunno. One theory presented was after the BLM/antifa protests they wanted to reduce a troop presence. I have to toss out the notion that they didn't think a Trump rally could get violent because of the Proud Boys etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis