What do you think about what's gong on at the Capital??

Status
Not open for further replies.
MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic
I'm not trying to argue with you, but I'm not sure I understand what you mean about Roger Stone? He was convicted but later pardoned by Trump.

In Trump world, laws are for the little people.

>>>Roger Stone was found guilty of seven criminal counts of lying to the House of Representatives' Intelligence Committee, obstructing justice and witness tampering.<<<

Stone has been a traitor since the 70s

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I'm not trying to argue with you, but I'm not sure I understand what you mean about Roger Stone? He was convicted but later pardoned by Trump.

In Trump world, laws are for the little people.

>>>Roger Stone was found guilty of seven criminal counts of lying to the House of Representatives' Intelligence Committee, obstructing justice and witness tampering.<<<

I can't remember if it was perjury or not. I interpreted this as trying to tie "criminal" charges to some of the politicians. Jim Jordan looks to be clearly a part of the Stop the Steal movement, but I find there to be a gap between that and things getting outta hand on Jan 6th by the alt-right. Criminal as in prison time I doubt, but him being unseated from his political position because of the end result? Yes. Because elected officials should be held to a higher standard.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I mean like if Gosar actually did invite members of the alt-right in and go over the Capitol's blueprints than yeah that would carry a more hefty punishment. But like Jordan he's doing all this stuff and then 'Oh poop! Here let me help you.' And then Cheney's like 'Get your hands off. You fucking did this.' Like it implies to me even he didn't know how extreme it became. So they'd have to prove he organized an attack. I'm not sure it's there. So then it's a bit of a grey area but you can certainly say he's an elected official, they shouldn't be pushing lies, and therefore he gets unseated. Maybe fined. Prison time I'm not sure about depends upon how the law works on that.
Edit: with Jordan it's obvious to me any way that part of the punishment is he can never hold political office again on any level.

MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic
I can't remember if it was perjury or not. I interpreted this as trying to tie "criminal" charges to some of the politicians. Jim Jordan looks to be clearly a part of the Stop the Steal movement, but I find there to be a gap between that and things getting outta hand on Jan 6th by the alt-right. Criminal as in prison time I doubt, but him being unseated from his political position because of the end result? Yes. Because elected officials should be held to a higher standard.
With respect to Jordan, it wouldn't be the first or second time a Congresscritter from Ohio was sent to prison.

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
Don't be too hopeful. Professor Tribe's comment about Congress is spot on. ""Congress will need to go further, either by establishing a neutral fact-finding body to determine whether Trump engaged in insurrection under Section 3, or assigning that fact-finding role to a federal court."

The Jan 6 committee is made up of 7 Ds and 2 Rs so no fair thinking person thinks it is legitimate, and most Americans are fair thinking.

Either way, they get better get a move on because the Ds are polling badly for Nov 22. The committee might be out of a job in Jan 23. IMO, the voters will be more concerned about Covid and Inflation than what happened on Jan 6.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
The senate GOP filibustered a bicameral commission that has passed the House with 35 GOP votes. When that failed you got this select committee instead, which House GOP leader tried to sink.

It’s not fair that insurrections are getting way with it and hold GOP responsible for what they did.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Irony is the person who might stop Trump is himself. He isn't loved anymore.

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
The shenanigans in the Senate were just politics as usual. If the House of Reps are serious, they would assign the fact finding to a federal court. They probably won't do that because they don't get to preen in front of the cameras that way.
Fair or not, there are not enough Americans that believe that insurrection is the right word to describe Jan 6. Especially on the heels of a summer of riots in 2020 with billions in property damage. Nor do they think that Jan 6 can be compared to Pearl Harbor or 9/11.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
The shenanigans in the Senate were just politics as usual. If the House of Reps are serious, they would assign the fact finding to a federal court. They probably won't do that because they don't get to preen in front of the cameras that way.
Fair or not, there are not enough Americans that believe that insurrection is the right word to describe Jan 6. Especially on the heels of a summer of riots in 2020 with billions in property damage. Nor do they think that Jan 6 can be compared to Pearl Harbor or 9/11.
Familiar arguments from Republicans that won’t take any responsibility for their role in the deadly instruction and the failed coup attempt.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Insurrection, Insurrection lite, riot etc doesn't much matter. The question is why do you care about the wording used? What is evident is Trump ran the election scam for two months and the capitol is the end result. The case should be centered around that IMO. Well the language used is to water it down for a potential 2024 run. I'll have to assume that until the Repubs give me a reason to believe otherwise. I mean if the voters don't care, the politicos have buried it, and Faux has propagandized it.....

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Don't be too hopeful. Professor Tribe's comment about Congress is spot on. ""Congress will need to go further, either by establishing a neutral fact-finding body to determine whether Trump engaged in insurrection under Section 3, or assigning that fact-finding role to a federal court."

The Jan 6 committee is made up of 7 Ds and 2 Rs so no fair thinking person thinks it is legitimate, and most Americans are fair thinking.

Either way, they get better get a move on because the Ds are polling badly for Nov 22. The committee might be out of a job in Jan 23. IMO, the voters will be more concerned about Covid and Inflation than what happened on Jan 6.
Fairness? You're kidding, right? An attempted election steal w/o evidence and then acquitted of any wrong? 7-2 seems pretty fair to me. From the president who doesn't distance himself from the alt-right, Charlottesville, and has a weird infatuation with powerful leaders. He has a momento with him and Kim on the wall framed. I think it's best to push forward with this for another year.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Oh I suppose your right, but I think it's a sad day for America they're pushing him for 2024.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I mentioned it before but they should be aiming for dereliction of duty.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
To run it into the ground you have Tucker reaming Cruz for calling them "terrorists" on Jan 6th and MGT and Gaetz pointing to the capitol video and saying see it really wasn't an insurrection. McCarthy called Cheney a "Pelosi" Republican, but she acknowledge on camera to agreeing with 93% of Trump's policies so that's a difficult one to digest. At every single turn Faux has propagandized this. Unless my vision is a miss it seems the entire aim is Trumps base. If he makes it through unscathed the question is will any "names" from the party challenge him? I hope, but I'm not hopeful. It appears the RNP are helping pay for Trump's legal fees. Biden wants to go green energy during covid and therefore increases inflation so the door is wide open for Trump. CNN correspondent (R) Scott Jennings even acknowledged Trump is currently favored without a hiccup. McConnell called Jan 6th a terrorist attack but also said the Dems are using the anniversary for filibuster. I dunno possible. I can only go by what I see. All roads lead to Trump. There's the what I'll call silent voter who will nod at Jan 6th but in the end would vote for Trump in 2024. As Lindsay said we got a great result with Trump. The ends justify the means. Maybe I'm exaggeration but until I see differently I'd guess Trump. Doesn't have to be a criminal charge but persuasively making things more difficult for him in 2024. It will have to be the Dems to do something about it.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Ted must have had a *flicker* of morality for a moment like WTF are we doing?!?! But then he retracted it. There are voters who'd say How dare you suggest I vote for Trumpanzee again!, and I'm sure some wouldn't. But it looks like it's about the "names" toeing the line because someone is working behind the scenes with Trump to make his return easier. After all, he got them their conservative judge. There's no doubt the man gets results, but again it's like saying a con man who loves Anerica. It's meaningless. Pence was the target at the capitol and has since disappeared. Trump has said after he should be hanged which basically blows up his innocence. The GOP look to be after the legal not moral definition of not guilty for a potential return. Ironically doing the right thing is on the side of the Dems on this one. I can't really get upset about 7-2 or federal process because it's like Repubs crying over spilled milk. If they can deposition Trump's ass into 2025 I don't care. The aim for me anyway is to force the Repubs to come up with a new candidate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis