What do I need for subs for these speakers

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
What if someone had like 24 eight inch subs. You could stack them like legos and build forts and mazes. LOL. :)
Good point. They’re useless as subwoofers so might as well do something with em!

Last edited:
KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I did not read the entire thread, but if I was looking at the Outlaw subs today, I would be a little patient and see if they popped up on Outlaws Black Friday Sale.
I don't know if SVS has BF sales, but Outlaw has in the past (but not every item, so it is possible there will be no sale on the X13's)!

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Reminds me of this guy's build altho 12s not 8s....the Ruptured Spleen :) (from More is Better's build on avsforum)
View attachment 26169
That reminds me of what we had been told in 1950's audio magazines that it took many woofers to be able to get a satisfactory response down to 20 Hz. Now, one good single sub can put out 20 Hz without any problem. :)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I did not read the entire thread, but if I was looking at the Outlaw subs today, I would be a little patient and see if they popped up on Outlaws Black Friday Sale.
I don't know if SVS has BF sales, but Outlaw has in the past (but not every item, so it is possible there will be no sale on the X13's)!
Thanks KEW. My plans will become abundantly clear in the next couple weeks. Black Friday... only a little further away. ;) I know Rythmik is offering $100 off on single sub, or $75 off on multis. Hsu has a very small discount right now. $50 off on the single VTF15Hmk2s. (Nothing additional off multis.) (Other stuff on sale too.)

Cheers!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

What do you think Danzilla? Four of those? Two nearfield, of course! ;)

Snakeeyes: forget sitting on it... a bed perhaps?
yes I'll take 4 of your mac12's 2 of them with a near field on top please and could I supersize those to all 18's on my order? :)

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks KEW. My plans will become abundantly clear in the next couple weeks. Black Friday... only a little further away. ;) I know Rythmik is offering $100 off on single sub, or $75 off on multis. Hsu has a very small discount right now. $50 off on the single VTF15Hmk2s. (Nothing additional off multis.) (Other stuff on sale too.)

Cheers!
The other thing I would do, if your are considering the Outlaw is ask them about buying dual B-stock subs!
The dual new ones go for $1500/ea or $2500/pr, but all they say for B-stock is $1300/ea. It seems reasonable to believe they would sell you a pair of B-stock X13's for ~$2200! Never hurts to ask!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
yes I'll take 4 of your mac12's 2 of them with a near field on top please and could I supersize those to all 18's on my order? :)
Wouldn't 4 of those arrays, 18"ers of course, take about 1000'3 off your room size? Maybe 4x16-15"ers? :p

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis