What do do with crt tv fix or toss ?

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Phillips Crt won’t work? Should I get rid of it somehow ? On curb or give it away free ? No one is going to buy this price of junk
Audio works none of video inputs work . Probably something inside blown .

Probably not worth keeping or fixing ...what’s your opinion?
Reptilians invading in year 2025
Tesla spoken to them

Last edited:
Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
throw it on the curb
Yeah it’s not worth the hassle.... so much for that tv should had just left it on curb when I couldn’t carry it inside .
Feeed it to the goads ... goats

Tesla spoken to them

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
I've recycled all of mine - an option in California. I'm down to a a single OLED and an LCD TV plus assorted PCs, laptops and tablets.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
You probably won't find anyone who'll repair it. And even Goodwill won't take it.

Junk it.

Last edited:
Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I've recycled all of mine - an option in California. I'm down to a a single OLED and an LCD TV plus assorted PCs, laptops and tablets.
I don’t got $49 to pay to recycle it ..
Oled better or same as plasma? Picture quality wise

Tesla spoken to them

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
I don’t got $49 to pay to recycle it ..
They charge that much? We pay a few dollars when we buy an a TV or a computer or a monitor device and then recycling is free. I guess you could turn it into an aquarium. :)

I've never owned a Plasma but my understanding is that the picture quality and black levels are similar however the newer OLEDs are 4k.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
They charge that much? We pay a few dollars when we buy an a TV or a computer or a monitor device and then recycling is free. I guess you could turn it into an aquarium. :)

I've never owned a Plasma but my understanding is that the picture quality and black levels are similar however the newer OLEDs are 4k.
I cannot afford a new tv to turn it in free . If trash companies don’t take it maybe a hobo trash scraper wouldneant it ?!

Tesla spoken to them

Last edited:
NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
You're still asking this question when it doesn't matter because you can't afford an OLED? Everyone has told you that plasma is great already. It is going to give you the best picture that you can afford.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I just Googled and apparently you can use a crt tv screen as a fresnel lens too! A death ray is back on the table! You don't even have to take it out of your car! You can have a mobile death ray! Holy crap, you'll be unstoppable! Just think of all the road ragers you can get instant justice on! Dude... I'm a little jelly.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Maybe I can rewrite it to communicate with reptile aliens??? like in that movie invaders of the 3rd kind Zzz trash companies won’t take it too heavy

Tesla spoken to them

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
You're still asking this question when it doesn't matter because you can't afford an OLED? Everyone has told you that plasma is great already. It is going to give you the best picture that you can afford.
Way should I do with the old crt tv is it worth fixing or not if I have way better TVs ?? Think someone online will take it free as a fixer project?
Or should I strip parts from it and throw it on curb . Speakers maybe haha

Tesla spoken to them

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
But c'mon guys. Seriously, is it worth fixing and what's he gonna tell his mom? If he refuses to make a death ray then I'm outta ideas. I haven't had to explain anything to my mom like that in a very long time so I'm a little rusty...

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
You don't remember my answer from 10 posts ago?
Don’t wana carry the heavy ass thing that far any parts worry stripping from it ?

Tesla spoken to them

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
The lens for a death ray. Duh!
Lol a death ray what am I cooked a bbq Fire pit puppy Ohio does it have enough light .
Did you know that dingos are the leading cause of baby deaths in Australia ? Oh no a Dingo ate me baby

Tesla spoken to them

Last edited:
Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Lol a death ray what am I cooked a bbq Fire pit puppy Ohio does it have enough light .
Did you know that dingos are the leading cause of baby deaths in Australia ? Oh no a Dingo ate me baby

Tesla spoken to them
Save the Django’s from extinction.
Should I repair these crt tv are they better then a 4k non hdr led tv ?

Tesla spoken to them

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis