What Classical are you listening to?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Bartok!
Music For Strings Percussion and Celsta: Chicago Symphony Orchestra, James Levine: DG429747-2

allfred

allfred

Enthusiast
LvB's Piano Sonatas for me too.

Pollini's recordings of Sonatas No. 28 and No. 29 "Hammerklavier":

cornemuse

cornemuse

Junior Audioholic
L. P. DG label 6 Brandenburgs, LA Philharmonic. Zita Carno at the keyboard.
I bought this in late '70's at Tower Records! Early '80's I totally screwed up the one track I loved. The 5th concerto. They never put on CD, sadly. About a year ago I found a copy online from Bellingham WA.
Anyways, this Zita Carno plays it (5th) better than anyone alive. I have 6 or 7 versions, & no-one can compare.
6 brandenburg-800.jpg

Last edited:
MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
IMG_2769.JPG

Recorded July 6 & 7, 1988, at Sommer Center for Performing Arts, Concordia College, Bronxville, New York.
Stereo DDD

allfred

allfred

Enthusiast
Five Easy Pieces, watched the movie the previous week and the piano pieces still stay with me.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Poème.jpg

A very nice disc by one of the top violinists. She has a IQ in the 160's. A wonderful and beautiful lady.

Joe B

Joe B

Audioholic Chief
Ethan Sperry leading the Portland State Chamber Choir in choral music by Eriks Esenvalds:

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
John W..jpg

This was a concert which was recorded last January in Vienna with the Wiener Philharmoniker with John Williams conducting his works, and Anne-Sophie Mutter as a soloist on some pieces.
The photo is the cover of the Deluxe Album containing a Blu-ray disc (Video and separate Pure Audio tracks) and a CD featuring the audio tracks included on the BD disc. Note that a CD is also available. The performance is outstanding and the audience was really amazed and applauded heavily after each sections. John is now 88!
This is a must for everyone who loves his compositions.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis