What Can I Use to "De-Kink" an Area Rug...Which Sits Atop Carpet?

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
I have new oak floors. We want to get some wool area rug. But we were wondering whether the rugs will protect or damage the floors. Also, those of you who have area rugs over your hardwood floors, do you pick them up to clean under them? How often?
Area rugs are usually installed over protective padding- Amazon.com - Grip-It Ultra Stop Non-Slip Rug Pad for Rugs on Hard Surface Floors, 8 by 10-Feet - .

not only will this protect the hardwood but it also keeps the area rug from slip sliding away.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
Thanks Rick; we considered, actually, using an iron to straighten this thing, but we were afraid of actually burning the fibers. I will consider a steam machine...:)
A carpet can be ironed by placing a large terry beach towel over the wrinkle and use the steam mode on your iron , of course you would burn it with a direct approach, kinda like using a heat gun to dry your hair> It might work but it will surely leave a mark!

E

Eddie Reynolds

Audiophyte
I have Custom Area Rugs installed in my home living room fixed with the help of rug tape.. It stops the rugs from moving..

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis