What cables are needed?

U

Unregistered

For the radio: the simple wire antenna might not be sufficient if you are far away from the radio stations. You might want to pick up an inexpensive am/fm antenna such as those made by Terk. I use one and radio reception is just fine.

Dubbing vhs to vhs: This is possible with the 502 and the manual explains recording. In a nutshell, hook the playback vcr to video 2 and hook the a/v outs from video 1 on the receiver to the recording vcr.

U

Unregistered

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. Do you have the antenna model number, which you are
using? What was the cost?

Regards.

U

Unregistered

The one I use is Terk PI-B amplified am/fm indoor antenna - $50.

I had the AF-Tower ($25) too and gave it to my sister. That worked well too (half the gain of the PI-B) and is so powerful she has to turn the gain down to almost zero to pick up close stations because it easily amplified the signal from far away stations and drowned out the close ones.

crutchfield.com lists the current Terk antennas if you want to read about them. Best Buy, Circuit City, and Fry's Electronics (where I bought mine) usually have them in stock. Terk is a well known brand and work well, but there are alternatives from places like Radio Shack that might work just as well.

U

Unregistered

Unregistered said:
The one I use is Terk PI-B amplified am/fm indoor antenna - $50.
I have this one two but i have a question. I lost the power adapter during my move and now i need a replacement. I bought a universal plug but ineed to know what voltage to set it on.

Any help highly appreciated.

U

Unregistered

Back to Cable Connections

I have an Onkyo TX-SR602. As stated previously, there are many inputs/ouputs. Currently I have everything Video (TiVo, VCR, DVD) connected as S-Video and out through the Monitor out(S-Video). This seems to work fine.

Questions:

1. If I connect the DVD using Component to the Receiver and then Component out to the TV (I am assumming I can't use the DVD in because there is no DVD out, so I would have to use Video1 or Video2). Then would I leave the other connections as is? When I select Video2 (assuming that's where the DVD is connected instead of DVD In), would that then use the Video2 Component out?

2. If I have a HDTV, I know componet is the best, but will I still get HD using S-Video?

3. TiVo says it does not handle HDTV, so does that mean if I get a Cable HDTV setbox and run it into TiVo it will not do any good?

4. Let's be specific. I am waiting for the new Brighthouse HD DVR to come out (they are beta testing them now). Once that comes out I will replace my TiVo (retire it to the bedroom TV). I have the following Video components: Dual Tuner HD DVR (when it comes out), DVD, VCR, Receiver and TV. All will be Component enabled except the VCR (which has Composite). Recommendations for video connections? I am looking for best quality and convinence when switching. I also want to do PIP with the dual DVR tuner.

Thanks in advance for helping the novice!!!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis