What Bluray player to get?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Slumlord
What is supposed to be the advantage of the 800 over the 700? Is it being region-free?

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Samurai
What is supposed to be the advantage of the 800 over the 700? Is it being region-free?
Sony 800,800M2 and 700 models can be bought region free. You get get them from a few eBay sellers, but I doubt that SONY markets any through their usual distributors.

Someone interested in one should make sure that it features a region free hardware module, not a software that would be disabled with a future manufacturer firmware upgrade.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Slumlord
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Slumlord
Only been a few times I wish I had a region free player when disc shopping.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Keep in mind that UHD discs don’t have regions. Only regular Blu-ray and DVD discs have regions. (In case not everyone knows that.).

3db

3db

Audioholic Overlord
Ive watched many a BluRay and couple of 4K discs on X800 and it only froze up on me once. I guess I got lucky. The only thing that p?ssed me off with this player is when the app stopped working that looked up CD information and displayed it on the screen. Not a biggy but I got used to it and liked and now its gone. :( No wonder I like the blues so much ;)

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Ive watched many a BluRay and couple of 4K discs on X800 and it only froze up on me once. I guess I got lucky. The only thing that p?ssed me off with this player is when the app stopped working that looked up CD information and displayed it on the screen. Not a biggy but I got used to it and liked and now its gone. :( No wonder I like the blues so much ;)
Well SACD still shows song titles but CD doesn’t.

Latest posts

newsletter
  • RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis