What Bluray player to get?

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
I have a 3 year old, 9mo old, and 3mo old. (X800, X700, X800m2) LOL :)
I have the X800... can you speak to the upside of the X800m2? I know Dolby vision. I don’t really know to be honest how much enhanced that is vs HDR10’

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I have the X800... can you speak to the upside of the X800m2? I know Dolby vision. I don’t really know to be honest how much enhanced that is vs HDR10’
Oh I have 3 rooms so needed 3. The x800m2 does Dolby Vision but other than that is basically the same as the x800. There’s less Apps on the x800m2 but I don’t use apps on these. I have firestick 4K for streamers.

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
Oh I have 3 rooms so needed 3. The x800m2 does Dolby Vision but other than that is basically the same as the x800. There’s less Apps on the x800m2 but I don’t use apps on these. I have firestick 4K for streamers.
I also use 4k firesticks for all my TVs. DVD/Blue Ray players and Smart TV apps usually aren't good anyways and the firestick is cheap and it works. So that makes sense to me.

M

Mpsafranski

Audioholic
RE DV vs HDR10....I haven’t bothered to look at each version of the Blu rays I have that support both. What I will say is that on the DV Blu rays I have, HDR effects seem to pop more so than the ones that only have HDR10. The vast majority of them, at least. It’s usually most obvious in any scene where there are flames on the screen and I tend to only purchase lots of action and horror flicks that have lots of those.

So it may be subtle, but it’s subtly better. And after all, don’t all of us here spend hundreds(thousands?) for “subtly better?” ;)

in this case, DV is a must have feature for any component I buy, and it doesn’t cost any extra!!

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I've had the X800 for two years now and it only froze up on me once in those two years. Other than that, its been running glitch free.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis