What are you watching tonight?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yeah. Getting towards the end of E2. Story’s picking up, and found a little bass lol. There’s a light comedic element too. Not sure if it adds to or takes away from the campiness.
So far it’s pretty fun.
The humor is hit and miss. I think Cos put it pretty well in another thread with "Egyptian Venom". It does put me in mind of the Venom movies a little bit with the jokey voices in his head.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
IMG_4257.JPG

Watched this a 2nd time, last was over 2 years ago "pre-pandemic", from my own collection.
1966, soundtrack by Herbie Hancock. Has a short appearance by The Yardbirds.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I tried to watch the new season of "Travel Man:48 Hours in...". Original Host Rich Ayoade was replaced with another guy who took the same shtick and turned it to 11. 2 minutes and 20 seconds is how long I could watch it before turning it off. All of Rich's 9 (short) seasons were quirky but pleasant and very Britishly dry humour (yes, OU, f-u stupid spell checker). The new guy is terrible. I never turned off anything quicker, which included probably end-of-the-internet stuff in my heyday.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan

Probably for the 50th time lol. I thought it was interesting because what Carpenter created was like an "Oh yeah" moment. A villain without character or clear motivation beyond to kill. In a way I still think he's "the" definition of evil because of that. I liked the randomness of it. Laurie Strode just happened to drop off a key at the old Myers house. It could've never been done again. I LOL when Carpenter said "I dunno??? I know. She'll be his sister." For part 2 after a six pack of beer LOL. Another stroke of genius IMO. Plus Carpenter really tapped into this super human force of evil like it became mythic. I also think photographer Dean Cundey doesn't get enough credit. No movie after parts 1-3 ever had the mood right after. Even the robots in part 3 had a super human force esthetic to them, but after that Myers was just some dude in a mask in bland backdrop. There's some logistics problems with the original due to the boogeyman setup, but overall I still love the repeat.

I also think the dialogue in the car in the opening. Dr. Loomis referring to Myers as "It", and the bit about "he''ll barely be able to stand up" about using thorazine in front of a judge and Loomis' "that's the idea." I think if you can really tap into that one person believes (Loomis) while the rest of the town thinks your nuts than you have something great in drama.

Last edited:
D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Was watching cable and had to decide between Atomic Blonde and Split. James McEvoy is sensational in those two. Also Charlize Theron as the icy cool spy in AB. Her fight scenes are pretty excellent.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Was watching cable and had to decide between Atomic Blonde and Split. James McEvoy is sensational in those two. Also Charlize Theron as the icy cool spy in AB. Her fight scenes are pretty excellent.
James McEvoy is sensational is everything he is in!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Gonna watch ep 3 of Moon Knight later. Hoping Thanos hasn't snapped in their timeline yet and he gets Steven in this episode... :p

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I started 3 new series over the weekend. These two are on Netflix

1650290621678.png

1650290693952.png

This one on Amazon
1650290907690.png

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Just started the newest Batman on HBOMax.....
Oh thats out now?? I might have it too!

*Edit: I do! I'll be watching it later. I hear Pattinson actually makes a decent Batman. I have to admit, I had my doubts but I think I'm unfairly hanging Twilight on him. He's done some pretty good stuff since then and is actually a capable actor.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Oh thats out now?? I might have it too!

*Edit: I do! I'll be watching it later. I hear Pattinson actually makes a decent Batman. I have to admit, I had my doubts but I think I'm unfairly hanging Twilight on him. He's done some pretty good stuff since then and is actually a capable actor.
He still looks a bit....skinny. But otherwise so far so good....

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I hear it's the darkest, almost horror tone.
It is a bit on the dark side, and has a dark look to back that up somewhat. Good cast overall but not sure we needed another version at this point otoh. Oh, and it's nearly 3 hrs long....

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
It is a bit on the dark side, and has a dark look to back that up somewhat. Good cast overall but not sure we needed another version at this point otoh. Oh, and it's nearly 3 hrs long....
You seem to feel the same as I do. Not bad, decently cast, too frigging dark. Like literally dark. Like they must have a 1 light bulb per house law in Gotham. Can't see half of what's happening in half the scenes. It is long too. Seems like it ends at one point, then all of a sudden there's another 45 minutes to go...

Pattinson has some acting chops but he's the least intimidating Batman, imo. He is kinda small and skinny for the dark knight.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Everybody seems to be remembering bloated Ben and forgets that Keaton was the puniest Batman. Oh, and I appreciated Pattinson’s restraint in the voice department and Bale’s is still the silliest.
D6F84660-444A-426A-A9AB-7A6C59E0B209.jpeg

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
S6E1 of Better Call Saul....they're making me work for it, tho. Only ep.1 was easy, seems I'll need a subscription for E2 if I want it now....altho I guess next week can watch E2 on amc.com like I was able to for E1 ? Seems it's not on Netflix for now....

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Russian Doll, 2nd season is on Netflix now. Like the 1st season, but I'm a fan of Natasha Lyonna though.

Well so far, season 2 of Russian Doll, I'm just getting into E4 of season 2. I believe the writings off? storyline isn't as interesting as season 1. Still gonna watch all 7 episodes though.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis