What are you watching tonight?

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
The Queen's Gambit. Nothing special about sound or video, just great story and great acting. Really enjoying the first few episodes on Netflix

EDIT: I know very little about Chess as well :oops:

Last edited:
Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
Watched Dark Fate the other day. Nice to see Sara Conner and Arnold back together.
Yeah; this was a good addition to the franchise, but I hate the way they keep rebooting the timeline and narrative -- it's getting too difficult to follow or make sense of, an issue that began with Genisys.

The big problem I have with Dark Fate is that
having John killed off in this one totally negates everything fans watched and liked in the previous entries -- now, how can we even relive or take seriously the events of, say, Judgement Day or Rise of the Machines? All of John's efforts to stop Skynet were basically for nothing, and now when we watch those earlier sequels, it's like....but he's dead in Dark Fate anyway.....

On a different note, I think they realized this franchise wasn't going to work without these beloved characters, a mistake uncovered with the horribly executed Salvation, and as such we saw Arnold return for Genisys.

M

mwalther

Enthusiast
The Queen's Gambit. Nothing special about sound or video, just great story and great acting. Really enjoying the first few episodes on Netflix

EDIT: I know very little about Chess as well :oops:
x2. This show has been fantastic (have a few episodes left). Good to hear that it's enjoyable for those who are not into chess as well. I am a chess fan, and have to say I've been impressed with the authenticity of portrayal of chessl. Apparently Garry Kasparov was a consultant for the show.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Have this on my list to rent tomorrow; how was it?
I wanted it to be better. I read the comics back in the 80’s so I watch any Marvel movie they throw out there. I understand the director wanted to go darker than the studio allowed but based on his other work I just think it was left in the wrong hands. It ended up being the world’s darkest and most expensive After School Special. Still, it had some creepy moments and I enjoyed seeing the mutants each unleash their powers. They always butcher the comics when putting these movies together. But, I’ll sit through this movie again before watching any of the X-Men movies. They r#%lly fucked those up. Shot about three years ago and pushed back several times, this is likely the only one to be made with this cast and Disney will likey reboot everything concerning mutants anyway. Worth a rent, turn down the lights and turn up the volume!

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Love Redbox. Do you have 4K option in your location? Still not here.:confused:

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
I wanted it to be better. I read the comics back in the 80’s so I watch any Marvel movie they throw out there. I understand the director wanted to go darker than the studio allowed but based on his other work I just think it was left in the wrong hands. It ended up being the world’s darkest and most expensive After School Special. Still, it had some creepy moments and I enjoyed seeing the mutants each unleash their powers. They always butcher the comics when putting these movies together. But, I’ll sit through this movie again before watching any of the X-Men movies. They r#%lly fucked those up. Shot about three years ago and pushed back several times, this is likely the only one to be made with this cast and Disney will likey reboot everything concerning mutants anyway. Worth a rent, turn down the lights and turn up the volume!
Thanks for the heads up; yeah, believe it or not, the only X-Men film adaptation that I liked, to this day, is Origins: Wolverine (I have the Blu-ray). I grew up reading the DC AND Marvel books as a boy, as well, but never could get into the X-Men narratives for some reason. I had very high hopes for Dark Phoenix, but they dropped the ball on that, too.

At any rate, I rented New Mutants for tonight.

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
Love Redbox. Do you have 4K option in your location? Still not here.:confused:
Me too; the closest thing any of us who grew up with Blockbuster Video have now for physical media rentals. Sad.

They didn't bring the 4K option to my location, either. :(

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
I forgot to save my free Redbox rentals from T-Mobile yesterday. Oh well, next time.:confused: They give them out about twice a month. “The Thing”. One of my two favorite practical effects movies of all time. “An American Werewolf in London” being the other. Still have both on HD DVD. Need to dust them off.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis