What are you watching tonight?

SpenceJT

SpenceJT

Audioholic Intern
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - It beats watching Nickelodeon and it's one of my 11 year old daughter's favorite shows. ...still trying to get her to watch Star Wars, and any Indiana Jones movie. ;-)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
On Netflix Tyler Perry Presents: Peeples B+ Enjoyed this one.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Watched Catching Fire last night. Average. Can you say "Empire Strikes Back"? Entertaining, but so much middle movie, and WAY too much like the first one.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Watched Catching Fire last night. Average. Can you say "Empire Strikes Back"? Entertaining, but so much middle movie, and WAY too much like the first one.
I thought that "The Empire Strikes Back" was the best one. :) So, I think that I'll watch this one.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I thought that "The Empire Strikes Back" was the best one. :) So, I think that I'll watch this one.
I agree, Empire was my favorite too, BUT when you get to the end of it, it is like "that's not an ending...that's just a lead in for the next one." sort of feeling. I don't think this one will end up being the best in the series, but it was about as entertaining as the first.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Twister A- Had fun watching this.
Seal Live In Paris One of my fav audio wise besides EAGLES.
John Fogerty Live A+

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Twister A- Had fun watching this.
I was watching that earlier, too! I ordered the blu-ray today, and Amazon added the free rental for streaming. I do wish that, if you buy a blu-ray, they add the HD rental as opposed to the SD version in stereo.

I haven't watched it in years, but the first time was in the theater in 1996 when I still lived in the midwest (where I had lived my whole life). It's a totally different, and less exciting really, experience watching it after living for nearly 20 years in a part of the country that doesn't really have tornadoes. The day after I watched Twister originally, it was a heavily overcast and windy day and the sirens went off on my walk to class (IIRC).

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Cool. I watched it on VHS back in the day. I forgot most of it, but it was so realistic watching it now. Having seen footage on the news the last few years, man it's disheartning watching people lose everything. The bluray looked stunning with nice surround I'm glad I bought it. A young Philip Seymour Hoffman was a surprise to see in the movie. The BD 3 pack is the way to go.
Watching Now: Stevie Ray Vaughan live in Montreux on DVD. A+ What a talented guy. I heard some boo's from the audience after just 3 or 4 songs. From Wiki: Booked on an acoustic night, SRV and Double Trouble's performance was met by boos. Vaughan's high volume electric blues was not popular with the European crowd, who preferred a quieter, folk blues style. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I was watching that earlier, too! I ordered the blu-ray today, and Amazon added the free rental for streaming. I do wish that, if you buy a blu-ray, they add the HD rental as opposed to the SD version in stereo.

I haven't watched it in years, but the first time was in the theater in 1996 when I still lived in the midwest (where I had lived my whole life). It's a totally different, and less exciting really, experience watching it after living for nearly 20 years in a part of the country that doesn't really have tornadoes. The day after I watched Twister originally, it was a heavily overcast and windy day and the sirens went off on my walk to class (IIRC).
I don't think I enjoy Twister too much since I live in OKC. :eek:

I do feel better now that I have an underground tornado shelter inside my garage. :D

Damn, May (Tornado season) is just around the corner. Yikes. :eek:

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Watched We're the Millers. Pretty funny as a matter of fact. Yes, Jennifer Aniston is the reason to see it and the story was dumb as expected, but as a whole it was pretty entertaining. I'd watch it again.

B

blcskate

Junior Audioholic
Not to many anime fans here. I have a new set of Robotic:Notes to watch tonight :p

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
In general, I don't consider myself an anime fan but I really liked Cowboy Bebop (including the movie) and Ghost in the Shell.

I pre-ordered Conspiracy Theory and I'm hoping to watch it tonight. At some point this week, I'm planning on watching Sling Blade. I was going to watch it the other night and realized it wasn't in my collection. After wondering how that could be, I jumped on Amazon and ordered it.

Jim

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Anime fan here, but fewer great titles these days and basically half of my collection was stolen. Last really good things I think I watched were Samurai Champloo (If you like Bebop, you'll like this, same group basically), Mushishi, and Moribito. Eden of the East was a decent series, but it dragged in the middle and didn't really get good until the finale in the second movie. Just finished watching Heaven's Lost Property S2. Not as good as S1, but OK.

B

blcskate

Junior Audioholic
Machiko & Hatchin is probably one of the closest to Bebop that I have found. Samurai Shamploo is very good, but kinda of a mix between kenshin and bebop. I am currently at ~3k anime dvd/blu-rays. I have another 2k regular movies. I have been collecting since the days of DBZ on VHS with the sweet side images when you got the whole set :)

I watch 1-2 seasons a week on Crunchyroll from the hotel. I have seen so many now that the names get all mixed together and I forget what I have seen. Wish they had an archiving system.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Just started SAO today to see how it is. Seems interesting so far.

Watched Summerwars not too long ago and thought it was pretty good - good action, average story, great animation.

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
I forgot to mention, I also liked Death Note. I have the Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood series on Blu but I haven't watched it yet.

Jim

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Not to many anime fans here. I have a new set of Robotic:Notes to watch tonight :p
I used to like cartoons, I mean anime, when I was in middle school. :eek: :D :p

I also used to like playing video games. Must be getting old and serious. :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I used to like cartoons, I mean anime, when I was in middle school. :eek: :D :p

I also used to like playing video games. Must be getting old and serious. :D
There's a BIG difference between "cartoons" and anime in most cases :D There are definitely the "light" things out there that are pretty much like Tom & Jerry, but the stuff I tend to watch wouldn't show up on Saturday morning cartoon time and you definitely don't want your kids watching it :eek:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis