What are you playing right now...

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi

I picked up the Switch Pro controller. Big improvement IMO. I too am still playing Zelda BOTW. Impressed both with the hardware and this game.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Have you played the other two? I haven't played any of them, but it's good to know I'm in for a lot of gaming when I get around to them.

For now, Zelda Breath of the Wild is holding me over nicely. The Switch is a pretty sweet device.
Ok, so that post from Feb 2nd saying about 100 hours in, since then I did probably another 100-200 hours.
It's insanely long game (and I love it). I started 1st DLC (Hearts of stone) and made some progress on it. Currently at level 35. Seems like some of higher level quests give a crap ton more exp than early on in the game.

Last edited:
panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord

I picked up the Switch Pro controller. Big improvement IMO. I too am still playing Zelda BOTW. Impressed both with the hardware and this game.
You think the price is worth it? I'm on the fence right now...

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
You think the price is worth it? I'm on the fence right now...
For how many hours I have into Zelda, I do. The buttons are a little less responsive, but the sticks are much better and it is much more comfortable in my hands. Other than Odyssey and maybe Bayonetta 2 though, not sure what else it will be good for.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
For how many hours I have into Zelda, I do. The buttons are a little less responsive, but the sticks are much better and it is much more comfortable in my hands. Other than Odyssey and maybe Bayonetta 2 though, not sure what else it will be good for.
Is it a bluetooth protocol controller?

I'm somewhat active on a FB group for retrogaming, it seems that the 8bitdo bluetooth controllers are also favored for the Switch.

Just another option that y'all may want to consider.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I do believe it is bluetooth, though I am not sure how you would pair other devices? The originals have to be docked on the unit and this one you plug into the USB-C and it pairs. There are quite a few 3rd party controllers out for it already, but I wanted an actual Nintendo device despite the price. I also heard the Switch controllers work with the Wii.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I do believe it is bluetooth, though I am not sure how you would pair other devices? The originals have to be docked on the unit and this one you plug into the USB-C and it pairs. There are quite a few 3rd party controllers out for it already, but I wanted an actual Nintendo device despite the price. I also heard the Switch controllers work with the Wii.
8bitdo controllers are excellent! The SNES30 copies the original SNES form factor extremely well. I use these for my retro games, and I also have an NES30 that is almost a hybrid NES/SNES/Analog Stick controller.

I do understand wanting the 1st party controller, though. And, I can't say how well the 8bitdo works on the Switch, especially with the Switch games vs retro games.

With all of that being said, I did dig up some reference info for anyone else that may be interested.

You will likely need to update to the latest firmware to get these to work on the Switch, but that is likely a good choice for any modern controller on any console, and the 8bitdo FW update was quick and painless.

https://www.imore.com/8bitdo-controllers-now-work-nintendo-switch

To pair your 8Bitdo controller to your Nintendo Switch, Press and hold Start + Y on the controller for one second until the LED light blinks four times. Then, open the Switch's Bluetooth settings and pair your controller. If it worked, the LED light on the 8Bitdo controller will be solid blue.

Because the 8Bitdo controllers don't have HD rumble, a six-axis accelerometer, or motion controls, it won't work properly with certain games. It also doesn't support Amiibo connecting. The retro controllers are best played with classic Nintendo game, like the long list of NeoGeo titles you can get in the eShop right now, or the upcoming promised titles Nintendo has yet to release.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Another small thing about the Pro controller - even though the included ones last a surprisingly long time, the pro has a bigger battery and outlasts them by about 3X. I have no interest in Amiibo at this time.

Rakuten has a 10% off or 15% off $100+ that can be applied to most items right now, which includes Switch gear. I haven't used that site, just saw it on Gizmodo today.

https://www.rakuten.com/event/max-15-percent-off-sitewide/?l-id=hp-slider1&ranMID=36342&ranEAID=xzXATABADTI&ranSiteID=xzXATABADTI-cNpboq6UWtKHb5vFlpX_2g&scid=af_linkshare&siteID=xzXATABADTI-cNpboq6UWtKHb5vFlpX_2g

Last edited:
panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Another small thing about the Pro controller - even though the included ones last a surprisingly long time, the pro has a bigger battery and outlasts them by about 3X. I have no interest in Amiibo at this time.

Rakuten has a 10% off or 15% off $100+ that can be applied to most items right now, which includes Switch gear. I haven't used that site, just saw it on Gizmodo today.

https://www.rakuten.com/event/max-15-percent-off-sitewide/?l-id=hp-slider1&ranMID=36342&ranEAID=xzXATABADTI&ranSiteID=xzXATABADTI-cNpboq6UWtKHb5vFlpX_2g&scid=af_linkshare&siteID=xzXATABADTI-cNpboq6UWtKHb5vFlpX_2g
Amiibo is pretty sweet IF you do it this way...I got some NFC tags for about $10 and have ALL of the Amiibo's for BOTW. The Wolf Link comes in handy.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Evil Within 2: Xbox One X was $20.00 from Amazon, great survival horror game

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
God of War PS4

So far I like it and it mostly feels like a GOW game. Combat is a little different, but works. Atreus is an interesting addition as a helper. The customization menu gives a lot of configuration, but also a lot of complexity due to the volume of options. It is fun so far.

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
I've been almost all Elder Scrolls lately. Played Oblivion through the backwards compatibility support but didn't finish the main quest. Switched to Skyrim to check out some recommended mods. Now there's backwards compatibility for Morrowind, so I'd definitely like to revisit it.

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
I just bought a Switch and Skyrim. This is the 4th platform I gotten Skyrim on. I may need help.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I just got around to playing the new DOOM. That game is badass!

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
State of Decay 2: I know it has gotten some bad reviews, but it is really fun, especially multiplyaer Xbox One X

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis