what are you drinking right now ?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Got some of this the other day. *thumbs up

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I, for one, do like a good IPA, and don't mind the different iterations so much. However, too many of them are poorly made Hop Bombs with no finesse or reason other than riding the Hype-Train. So in that, I do agree with the article.
The Double, Triple and Imperial trends, again, can be done well and I have been fortunate to drink a few that are well made.
In all of this, Go-NAD hit on it: too many are just unbalanced. Frankly, this is my complaint with the state of the Brew craze right now: too many poorly executed concepts and brewed beers. I would give anything to see a 50% reduction in the number of Breweries for even a 25% increase in competent brewing and the quality that will go with it..
:oops:
Ya, I went there. But as a long time F&B professional, right now breweries are acting a lot like ill-conceived restaurants where the failure rate swept up most of the trash within 2 years. I have not seen, however, the same happen in the Brew scene.

Anyway...

Just my 2¢.
;)
I totally agree. I love IPA’s and all their variants. Problem is too many of them are Fukking terrible!!!! Unfortunately it gives a black eye to the good ones too. People try a cheap crap one, and say nah, I hate IPA’s and never know what their missing.
My go to double, is King Sue from Toppling Goliath. Costs 18 bucks for four 16oz cans. Not crazy money but not cheap either.
I also love quality stouts and porters too. Even had a good white stout, which I never knew was a thing imo couple years ago. Some of the s’mores and peanut butter stouts and porters are ok, but mostly I think they fail.
Also love Jim beam.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Turning Point Beer - Blackout Brunch
Barrel aged imperial stout with maple, coffee, vanilla, and cacao nibs. 16.2% abv.
Colossal Sandwich Shop - The Colossus pulled pork sandwich with jalapeño slaw and bbq sauce
A "small" glass (16.2%) and whatever that "thing" is along side it. ;)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Nice and dark for an IPA. Looks good.
Pretty tasty, a lighter taste than it looks to an extent....first time I caught it in stock at the market....they seem to always have some Pineapple flavor from Cascade Lakes but a friend told me I'd like the IPA so wait for it and he was right. Pretty nice, but then most of our local IPAs are :)

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Pretty tasty, a lighter taste than it looks to an extent....first time I caught it in stock at the market....they seem to always have some Pineapple flavor from Cascade Lakes but a friend told me I'd like the IPA so wait for it and he was right. Pretty nice, but then most of our local IPAs are :)
There are quite a lot of west coast IPAs that are very good.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Believe it or not some Walmart K cup decaf coffee. Half the price of the name brands and surprisingly good :)

flyboylr45

flyboylr45

Senior Audioholic
I'm enjoying some Rakija my in-laws made.... hopefully I don't get the urge to buy more stuff... :oops:

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
I totally agree. I love IPA’s and all their variants. Problem is too many of them are Fukking terrible!!!! Unfortunately it gives a black eye to the good ones too. People try a cheap crap one, and say nah, I hate IPA’s and never know what their missing.
My go to double, is King Sue from Toppling Goliath. Costs 18 bucks for four 16oz cans. Not crazy money but not cheap either.
I also love quality stouts and porters too. Even had a good white stout, which I never knew was a thing imo couple years ago. Some of the s’mores and peanut butter stouts and porters are ok, but mostly I think they fail.
Also love Jim beam.
My old landlord owns royal docks in canton Ohio, i was never a big fan of stouts but, they have an imperial stout; vlad its 13% abv and is probably my favorite beer yet (about $12 for a 4 pk) I typically go for hefeweizen and the likes, was recently introduced to triple karmeliet and that's a winner in my book as well. I looked up the king sue and assuming I can find in northeast Ohio, definitely looks interesting.

flyboylr45

flyboylr45

Senior Audioholic
Up there in Ohio you guys have Brewdogs Brewery. Their IPAs are awesome...

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
My old landlord owns royal docks in canton Ohio, i was never a big fan of stouts but, they have an imperial stout; vlad its 13% abv and is probably my favorite beer yet (about $12 for a 4 pk) I typically go for hefeweizen and the likes, was recently introduced to triple karmeliet and that's a winner in my book as well. I looked up the king sue and assuming I can find in northeast Ohio, definitely looks interesting.
I hope you can find King Sue. It’s pretty special imo. I also love a good stout. This one is from Minneapolis. 11.9%. Very nice.

DellRay

DellRay

Enthusiast
Coffee, columbian, 100% arabica beans, ground coarse, and brewed on slow.

How do I put something in the signature area? Can't find it...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis