what are you drinking right now ?

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Fortress Rum from the national historic site Fort Louisbourg in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia. The amber is very nice too.
20211030_184723.jpg

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord

Never loved goose island but it’s 9.9%. Whatchagonnado…
It’s pretty good.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord

Much better than the Goose. Little more west coast.

Last edited:
Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Fortress Rum from the national historic site Fort Louisbourg in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia. The amber is very nice too.
View attachment 51150
That looks very good and it must have a delicious taste.

In the 1960's, in Quebec we had a Liquor store strike. One of my work colleagues managed to get me a bottle of dark proof strength rum. I believe it came from Nova Scotia. It was good but it had to be cut with water because of its 57% alcohol content.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
That looks very good and it must have a delicious taste.

In the 1960's, in Quebec we had a Liquor store strike. One of my work colleagues managed to get me a bottle of dark proof strength rum. I believe it came from Nova Scotia. It was good but it had to be cut with water because of its 57% alcohol content.
They actually age the rum on site at the fort. I had the amber on site and decided to bring home a bottle of the dark. Both very nice. Should be available in the liquor store or you can order in for no extra charge.

This rum is 45%. The single malt whiskey I got from the Glenora Distillery was 64%; 18 year old cask strength and you get to pour your own bottle right from the cask. I've learned that anything over 40% just burns my tongue and I don't get all of the flavours. Even the 40% liquors I pour over ice to dilute a little. Makes such a big difference in bringing out the subtle character of these drinks. Some get snobbish about how much water you put in, but I say use whatever works for you. Kind'a like picking some audio gear. :)

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
They actually age the rum on site at the fort. I had the amber on site and decided to bring home a bottle of the dark. Both very nice. Should be available in the liquor store or you can order in for no extra charge.

This rum is 45%. The single malt whiskey I got from the Glenora Distillery was 64%; 18 year old cask strength and you get to pour your own bottle right from the cask. I've learned that anything over 40% just burns my tongue and I don't get all of the flavours. Even the 40% liquors I pour over ice to dilute a little. Makes such a big difference in bringing out the subtle character of these drinks. Some get snobbish about how much water you put in, but I say use whatever works for you. Kind'a like picking some audio gear. :)
It's always good to dilute hard liquor which has an alcohol content of 40% or more. Strong alcohol stuff irritates the throat and is one of the causes of throat cancer.

When I drink such stuff, I dilute with water only to still enjoy the taste. For example 1½ once Crown Royal with about 1 once of water. :)

Last edited:
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Been drinking far too much beer and rye lately… but that’s not what brings me here tonight.
An interesting vinepair article about overdone beer styles…
;)
Please discuss.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Been drinking far too much beer and rye lately… but that’s not what brings me here tonight.
An interesting vinepair article about overdone beer styles…
;)
Please discuss.
I love IPAs, but the doubles/triples/ imperials don't interest me much. Too much hops and too high ABV result in unbalanced brews.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I, for one, do like a good IPA, and don't mind the different iterations so much. However, too many of them are poorly made Hop Bombs with no finesse or reason other than riding the Hype-Train. So in that, I do agree with the article.
The Double, Triple and Imperial trends, again, can be done well and I have been fortunate to drink a few that are well made.
In all of this, Go-NAD hit on it: too many are just unbalanced. Frankly, this is my complaint with the state of the Brew craze right now: too many poorly executed concepts and brewed beers. I would give anything to see a 50% reduction in the number of Breweries for even a 25% increase in competent brewing and the quality that will go with it..
:oops:
Ya, I went there. But as a long time F&B professional, right now breweries are acting a lot like ill-conceived restaurants where the failure rate swept up most of the trash within 2 years. I have not seen, however, the same happen in the Brew scene.

Anyway...

Just my 2¢.
;)

L

latapx

Audioholic Intern
Right now, drinking water...after this next Teams call, Woodford Reserve.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Beer, it's cold. It's wet. It contains alcohol.

Is that not enough?

Not that there could ever actually be enough beer but

... all you need is Bud. Raht ta da-da da.
I actually prefer Natty Light to Bud Light. If you are gonna go cheap go real cheap. :)

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Turning Point Beer - Blackout Brunch
Barrel aged imperial stout with maple, coffee, vanilla, and cacao nibs. 16.2% abv.
Colossal Sandwich Shop - The Colossus pulled pork sandwich with jalapeño slaw and bbq sauce

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis