what are you drinking right now ?

tattoo_Dan

tattoo_Dan

Banned
This was my beer of choice, but that bleepin' Rickster71* got me hooked on Sam Adams Irish Red. It's the same, only better?!?

Try it, you might like it. I did, and look what happened.

* He's a troublemaker, that one is
I'll check it out :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I've got Guinness Extra Stout in the fridge waiting for me at home :)

We have an office in Sac. near the University....I haven't been up there in a while to teach a class (ACAD, Inventor) though.

tattoo_Dan

tattoo_Dan

Banned
I've got Guinness Extra Stout in the fridge waiting for me at home :)

We have an office in Sac. near the University....I haven't been up there in a while to teach a class (CAD) though.
if & when you come to the Sac area,let me know !

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Four Peaks 8th St. Ale

Mmmmmmmm...

-pat
That sounds good Pat.
I can also recommend their Belgian Dark and Hop Knot, both really nice, four different hops in the IPA.
Sounds like you're close to a lot of nice stuff out there.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
This was my beer of choice, but that bleepin' Rickster71* got me hooked on Sam Adams Irish Red. It's the same, only better?!?

Try it, you might like it. I did, and look what happened.

* He's a troublemaker, that one is
It gets worse :)...once you get away from adjunct beer and start drinking real / craft beer, you can't go back. :D

tattoo_Dan

tattoo_Dan

Banned
It gets worse :)...once you get away from adjunct beer and start drinking real / craft beer, you can't go back. :D
I've really given the ales/IPAs a good try,there are quite a few small breweries around here,I just can't seem to get into them,

I always find myself coming back to my lagers

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I've really given the ales/IPAs a good try,there are quite a few small breweries around here,I just can't seem to get into them,

I always find myself coming back to my lagers
Hi Dan,
It's a process. We as Americans have been used to watery tasteless beer for many years.
Good luck trying new stuff.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Long, short, but true story.

When my first wifr and were touring Ireland, we wound up in a trad pub in the college town of Galway. Now, I was experiencing free range Guinness for the first time, and Iwas in my glory.

One of the young college kids asked me why I wanted to drink that "crap". :confused:

I said I loved it. He said I should try this imported beer they were a hopped up on that beats the bejeezus out of Guinness and Harp. I asked what it was.

It was Coors Light!?! :eek: By Grabthar's hammer, this is a true story

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Hi Dan,
It's a process. We as Americans have been used to watery tasteless beer for many years.
Good luck trying new stuff.
I have hated watery, tasteless piss water for years, but when you are young and broke your choices are limited.

We do a movie night at my place about once a quarter and the grub is pizza and beer. Everyone brings a random cool sounding beer that they have to go find. It is always fun. Can't remember most of the names of those beers, but many have tasted pretty good :eek: :D

Microbrew is the fun stuff, and now in the North Coast magazine I picked up at the Mendocino Brewing Co. when I was up there, I saw a new term: NANOBrewerey. Not sure what that is, but it sounds tasty (if a bit trendy).

My current general drinking beer is Longboard. Easy to find, easy to drink and pretty tasty.

http://konabrewingco.com/beers/longboard-lager/

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I have hated watery, tasteless piss water for years, but when you are young and broke your choices are limited.

We do a movie night at my place about once a quarter and the grub is pizza and beer. Everyone brings a random cool sounding beer that they have to go find. It is always fun. Can't remember most of the names of those beers, but many have tasted pretty good :eek: :D

Microbrew is the fun stuff, and now in the North Coast magazine I picked up at the Mendocino Brewing Co. when I was up there, I saw a new term: NANOBrewerey. Not sure what that is, but it sounds tasty (if a bit trendy).

My current general drinking beer is Longboard. Easy to find, easy to drink and pretty tasty.

http://konabrewingco.com/beers/longboard-lager/
Hi John, is that Longboard from Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery?
If so, they make tons of nice beer. The closest to me is in PA, unfortunately.
Nano brewery is a place that makes very small batches.
I brewed back in the 80's but with such great beer around since it's really not worth the work unless you love the process. I can't wait that long.:D

LAB3

LAB3

Senior Audioholic
Wife is out of town at here Mom's. Grand Kids home with parents, kicked back jamming some Eric Clampton and glass of Disaronno on the rocks.
Man another week of 100 degree days here in Texas.:eek:

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
That sounds good Pat.
I can also recommend their Belgian Dark and Hop Knot, both really nice, four different hops in the IPA.
Sounds like you're close to a lot of nice stuff out there.
Hop Knot and Raj IPAs are both excellent. I live pretty close to the brewery. I live even closer to TotalWine! :D

Just had some Stone Cali-Belgique IPA, Stone Sublimely Self-Righteous Ale, and the Great Divide Double IPA (Aged 17 years).

-pat

tattoo_Dan

tattoo_Dan

Banned
Wife is out of town at here Mom's. Grand Kids home with parents, kicked back jamming some Eric Clampton and glass of Disaronno on the rocks.
Man another week of 100 degree days here in Texas.:eek:
the clapton sounds good,the 100's don't though !

it's a kinda nice day here in sacramento today considering it's almost august.
bout a 92 today ,
and it's almost time for

LAB3

LAB3

Senior Audioholic
the clapton sounds good,the 100's don't though !

it's a kinda nice day here in sacramento today considering it's almost august.
bout a 92 today ,
and it's almost time for
My Favotite beer and in a brown long reck bottle ICE cold :) I need to make a Beer run. 100 again today.:(

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis