What about these speakers for dolby atmos duty?

C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
These are some SVS speakers that were made partially for dolby atmos. I don't think they're made to bounce off the ceiling but to point down at you... do you guys think the dolby atmos technology is still not mastered yet? Would like some opinions.

https://www.svsound.com/products/prime-elevation

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Not sure what you mean by not mastered, but Dolby Atmos is definitely mature. Lots of people use the prime elevation speakers effectively. IMO, they’re a good plan B between in ceiling and bouncy speakers.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I think those speakers will work fine as height speakers. They may not be the perfect ideal, but the difference probably isn't very significant.

C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
What are height speakers? Are they the atmos speakers you use with your atmos ready receiver?

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
What are height speakers? Are they the atmos speakers you use with your atmos ready receiver?
Height speakers are the speakers that go overhead of the listening position.

Now that I reread your post, the way in which you want to use those speakers will not work at all. You are asking if those Prime Elevation speakers will work as Atmos Modules, but they are not designed for that. The dispersion pattern would be all wrong. They are designed to be mounted next to the ceiling, and in that context you could use them as Atmos height speakers.

If you want an Atmos module, you will need to buy a speaker that is designated as such.

C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
I would mount them right next to the ceiling for atmos. Would that work?

C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
Are they still not as good as regular atmos speakers honestly?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis