What about Removing Possibility of Commenting Text of a Post as Dumb

Remove "Dumb" vote from post rating options?

• Total voters
Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
We are allowed to have respectful different views on various topics discussed on this site.

But when a member comments a post as dumb, to me it's a sort of insult to the poster. He can disagree with what was posted but it's not necessary to add insult to the disagreement.

WHO SUPPORTS ME IN REQUESTING THAT THIS SORT OF NEGATIVE AND INSULTING POSSIBILITY BE REMOVED FROM THIS SITE?

Bizarro_Stormy

Bizarro_Stormy

Audioholics Whac-A-Mole'er™
I agree... and added a poll...

Reeeally wanted to give your post a dumb rating though...

'cause I'm a jerk like that...

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I say it's just the wrong term, dumb to me is lacking power of speech....I was surprised when I first joined the forum to see it used. Maybe just "stupid" would be better? Or silly?

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I say it's just the wrong term, dumb to me is lacking power of speech....I was surprised when I first joined the forum to see it used. Maybe just "stupid" would be better? Or silly?
How about we mark as "Highly Subjective" instead. Much of this hobby is highly subjective. We all prefer different gear. None of us agree on everything. Oh well, it is just an idea.

Cheers,

Phil

ski2xblack

ski2xblack

Audioholic Field Marshall
Perhaps the powers that be needed some sort of negative option since they went away from the red/green chicklets.

Man, I would have a ton of red chicklets these days...encouraging Mr Boat to build "garage speakers" and flea watt single ended amps, the horror!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Honestly, I don't think I have ever used the "Dumb" icon because it strikes me as "hateful"!
I'd like to see the Dumb icon replaced with the :rolleyes: "roll eyes" emoticon.
It has the same connotation, but it conveys "I don't buy it (or believe you)" instead of saying "You are Dumb"!
That is a huge difference in potential to hurt (or anger) someone!

Last edited:
S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Agreed, the dumb icon is not needed. Its a nice tool- for passive-aggressive posters. If you think what someone said is dumb, just say so, and more importantly, say WHY. But just for the hell of it, I am giving everyone's post here a dumb icon and I suggest you do the same to me!

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Agreed, the dumb icon is not needed. Its a nice tool- for passive-aggressive posters. If you think what someone said is dumb, just say so, and more importantly, say WHY. But just for the hell of it, I am giving everyone's post here a dumb icon and I suggest you do the same to me!
Agreed. And had to try it out once... :)

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Perhaps the powers that be needed some sort of negative option since they went away from the red/green chicklets.

Man, I would have a ton of red chicklets these days...encouraging Mr Boat to build "garage speakers" and flea watt single ended amps, the horror!
We already had a 'Thumbs down'- why annoy people with 'That's dumb', which it did when a newb gave me one for a factual comment I made, then he disagreed when I called him on it in another thread that had become argumentative.

Maybe we could have a button that corresponds with the plackard in the photom closest to teh camera-

TechHDS

Audioholic General
@shadyJ, lmao!. How about an emoji, instead of the Dumb icon, One that represents BS? There are members on this forum who do have PHD's and Bachelor of Science degrees.:) and for us who never finished anything but a few cold brews, a Rabbit Hole emoji icon?.;) lol. I have used the dumb icon on a few just cause I knew better not to. :cool:. You do have people on here that don't like happy:mad: people ya know..:p. Some of the most educated people can be smart asses;) to you know. My vote stays with keep the 'Dumb' :confused: icon emoji:D. One more a 'Hurt my feelings' emoji. You guys get one of those on this forum, I'm out of here! A "SA" winner emoji icon that's it!. SmartAss icon believe there is a BS school for that?

Last edited:
slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
"Ignorant"

You can fix ignorant with education, you can't fix stupid

TechHDS

Audioholic General
How about we mark as "Highly Subjective" instead. Much of this hobby is highly subjective. We all prefer different gear. None of us agree on everything. Oh well, it is just an idea.

Cheers,

Phil
@Phil, :), I'm coming over to Your workshop and spill one of my stale beers over one of your nice speakers you just built. How dare ya come in here and post up and make perfect sense of a funny Thread.;)

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
In addition to "dumb" can we limit posts to 2 emojis :p Im not sure you can edit the xenforo ratings options, at least you couldnt in the version i used.

TechHDS

Audioholic General
In addition to "dumb" can we limit posts to 2 emojis :p Im not sure you can edit the xenforo ratings options, at least you couldnt in the version i used.
You are Now the official no fun guy on Audioholics forum. ;). Too many ITT, guys up in here.:cool:.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Just bring back the green/red chicklets ;)

I use disagree or dislike. Rarely dumb, but I have used it. You really have to deserve it to get a dumb.

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Just bring back the green/red chicklets ;)

I use disagree or dislike. Rarely dumb, but I have used it. You really have to deserve it to get a dumb.
What if you just want to do it, Say just to Poke some one, like FB has. It's like throwing a paper airplane, spit ball at somebody. Hitting them in the back of the head. Nothing wrong with clicking on that emoji icon. These forums all over the internet are just that a forum. Don't believe it's a Constitution. Just look up a few post loveinthehd, posted up a photo it's a shot at ignorance and stupidity. Dumb as his photo is, it's His constitutional right! I personally won't stand for anything less in this forum or any other forum for that matter on the internet. That my friend is called censorship what you guys are trying to do get the dump emoji icon removed!. What would be next? Only PC, Mac PC or Microsoft window units can only hang out in here? Lighten up man gosh. Sure wouldn't want to cost someone in here a Few sales. :D. Buy American-made only products! Support those who support you. :cool:

Last edited:
TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
There's a lot of people that view this forum looking for information that do not comment.

Between the snake oil salesmen that pop in occasionally, and for the forum disputes (mine included) that become pure nonsense, I feel the Dumb marker is an easy and generally respected (in that I do not see it being overused) way to signal to others seeking facts - this is not the thread you're looking for.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
@TechHDS has given me two "Dumb" ratings in this thread and I think we need a "Stupid-Assed Mother F*cking Piece of Sh!t" rating so I can properly retaliate!!!:p

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
@TechHDS has given me two "Dumb" ratings in this thread and I think we need a "Stupid-Assed Mother F*cking Piece of Sh!t" rating so I can properly retaliate!!!:p
I guess we're in the "Called 'dumb' by a no home, walkin' the dog, buttmunch" club.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis