Westrex 3013 - C or 3015 - C (???)

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hi pde2000

After much deliberation, I have decided to sell the Westrex 30150.
However, being quite alien to this market, I was wandering if you could recommend the best place to sell this item and what in your opinion is a reasonable asking price?

Many thanks
Neos
To be honest I have no idea of the value, but I suspect not much. It really is of no use in a modern system, and is only of historic interest. I would not have thought that it is an item that would have collectors clamoring for it.

eBay has the widest reach. I would open bidding at $35.00 and see what happens. Leave it on for at least three weeks. If no one bids, or there are few bids only a few dollars higher than that opening bid, then you know there is little interest. Sell it to the highest bidder.

You really can only find the value of an item like this by testing the market.

If no one bids after two or three attempts, then it is junk. Anyone who is after one of these will have it in their search criteria on eBay and you will find them.

N

Neos

Audiophyte
Thanks for your response, but your opinion is in stark contrast to previous responses from other members on this site and other forums.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Thanks for your response, but your opinion is in stark contrast to previous responses from other members on this site and other forums.
As I said test the market.

My hunch is that it is not worth much. What I do know is that if you put it up for a high price, it will sit.
No one will buy it, if they don't know what it is. I am am a vintage collector to an extent, however I would have no interest in that driver.

You have to ask the question, of "What would someone use it for?" The answer is that unless someone has a classic item in perfect condition that requires that driver, then I doubt there will be interest. That driver is seriously inferior to a modern one, and so no one will design for it. So your market is very limited. I doubt it would be purchased to gather dust, interesting though the item is.

N

Neos

Audiophyte
Hello again everyone

Sorry for the protracted thread, been organising a move of house.

I have since taken the receiver Western 30150-C and the horn out of the cabinet to test and take further photos.

The 30150 receiver is reading 16ohms which seems quite healthy, please see attached photos, and the horn is not a multicell and has no brand names that I can see, do you still think its a Vitavox.

I am still looking to sell / auction on ebay and any further info would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks

Neos

Attachments

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Hello again everyone

Sorry for the protracted thread, been organising a move of house.

I have since taken the receiver Western 30150-C and the horn out of the cabinet to test and take further photos.

The 30150 receiver is reading 16ohms which seems quite healthy, please see attached photos, and the horn is not a multicell and has no brand names that I can see, do you still think its a Vitavox.

I am still looking to sell / auction on ebay and any further info would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks

Neos
So you have shown that the VC of the horn driver has continuity. That does not prove it is functional, as the diaphragm my be ceased due to age. So you need to feed the device with a high pass crossover signal above 1200 Hz.

I still think you will find it hard to generate a lot of interest in this unit. However you never know. The world is a big place, and there may be someone who needs this for a vintage restoration project. You really need two or more to make it an auction with serious bidding. That is a commercial unit, and I would not have thought that would attract many vintage restorers, if any. Unless you "test" the market you will never know.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis